Get the latest 1.5 patch and play on servers now running

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

I didn't get it from anywhere. I just typed it....

?
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Well, I promised I would eat my hat when 1.5 was released, and I still have that very dusty hat too. However, I won't be eating it as I don't consider Stress to be an official for any company which can authorise the release of v1.5.

It does seem strange to release 1.5 for non-general release, and my first take on the issue is that it will split what little remains of the online playing community.

As if D3 didn't have enough problems without having to have TWO 3 GB installs of D3, problems for newbs, a crappy online service, and no one playing...

D3 1.4 + D3 1.5 = Descent Death.

Bring on Core Decision, because you'll never see me in another D3 server.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Mobius. you just threadcrapped. now you get only this one warning. do it again and i will delete your post on sight.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Mobius wrote:D3 1.4 + D3 1.5 = Descent Death.
D3 is already dead, these guys are talking about reviving it.
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Ferno wrote:Mobius. you just threadcrapped. now you get only this one warning. do it again and i will delete your post on sight.
Oh what does "threadcrapped" mean? I just want to be sure I never do it you see. :)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

sheepdog wrote:
Ferno wrote:Mobius. you just threadcrapped. now you get only this one warning. do it again and i will delete your post on sight.
Oh what does "threadcrapped" mean? I just want to be sure I never do it you see. :)
Pretty much what it sounds like. Basically trying to stir the pot, or just being an ass just for the sake of being an ass.
Zer0Cool
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zer0Cool »

perhaps someone can help me. Twice now i've tried to join a 1.5 patched game. And when the 1.5 version of D3 loads it trys to load the level, then right before it joins, I get the level's don't match error, and D3 closes. Did i not do something right, I have 2 versions of D3 named exactly like stress' write-up says. I followed all the directions exactly like i was supposed to. So wtf, why can't i join a freakin game.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

I had the exact same problem myself. The only fix is to delete all the contents in the new dir, and re-install using the cds, but install into the new dir. Then patch.

It fixed mine right up.
Zer0Cool
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zer0Cool »

well i'll give that a try, thank you very much stress.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Anyone know what state and city he lives in?

http://www.dexonline.com/

Edit: SHEESH, deleted long link and put in home page.
pipsqueak10
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pipsqueak10 »

I've been having the same problems joining games too. It seems that D31.4 always launches. The way I got around it was to find the ip on Vortex or Kali, then start D31.5 and join from the tcp ip setup. Its a bit of a hassle but its not like theres tons of full servers out there.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Zer0Cool wrote:perhaps someone can help me. Twice now i've tried to join a 1.5 patched game. And when the 1.5 version of D3 loads it trys to load the level, then right before it joins, I get the level's don't match error, and D3 closes. Did i not do something right, I have 2 versions of D3 named exactly like stress' write-up says. I followed all the directions exactly like i was supposed to. So wtf, why can't i join a freakin game.

Strange, I did just as the instructions said and it worked just fine for me... and I'm a retard. :roll:
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I'm going to take this and Suncho's thread down and Sticky Pugs. It has a link to this thread, and it is getting very crowded uptop.