Conehead

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Conehead

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

Teehee. My pup stood on a big piece of glass yesturday :x and ended up with a trip to the vets to get some stitches in his wee paw. The amount of blood coming outta it was kinda freaky, but hes OK now. Infact, I'm almost ashamed at laughing at the poor wee guy, but, I mean, he's like a walking lampshade!

http://www.another-day.co.uk/ripoffs/conehe~4.jpg

aww, poor little fella. :)
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

can ya pick up XM with that :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

wonder what happens if he's out while it rains.

glubglubglub
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Warlock wrote:can ya pick up XM with that :P

LOL, send him over to my house.... I can at least get free satelight internet :D
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

I like your mantlepiece.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

mob-messenger wrote:
Warlock wrote:can ya pick up XM with that :P

LOL, send him over to my house.... I can at least get free satelight internet :D
I'll take pictures of you trying to plug in the coax into the other end and make your life... well more public :P
suicide eddie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by suicide eddie »

hey hes got eyes just like riddick :)
Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Wang_Lo »

forgive me if i sound dumb, but what is the purpose of the dish around his neck?

do tell
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Ah yes, prevents "breakfast" from licking paw with cut on it.

And having an "Ace Combat Style" party but instead of thumbs and cats, with XM radio and co-ax over at Stress's house.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Wang, it's so the dog doesn't lick/chew at his wound so it will heal.

Boss, make sure you don't take it off prematurely. A dog's mouth is not very clean and he will infect the wound easily. I had a girlfriend whose rottweiler had to wear a cone and she would occassionally take it off because she felt sorry for him. The infections that caused eventually cost the dog his leg, and ultimately his life.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

bash wrote:Wang, it's so the dog doesn't lick/chew at his wound so it will heal.

Boss, make sure you don't take it off prematurely. A dog's mouth is not very clean and he will infect the wound easily. I had a girlfriend whose rottweiler had to wear a cone and she would occassionally take it off because she felt sorry for him. The infections that caused eventually cost the dog his leg, and ultimately his life.
Luckily bash my pooch ain't bothered with it, I've told him off once (and i do it properly, not violently.) and he hasn't attempted it since. He's been left alone, luckily deciding to still go for our wallpaper instead of the bandage. :)
Sorry to hear about the pooch! :cry:
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

HaAGen DaZS your dog look epitimizes the;
"I'm confused/please feel sorry for me look"

And ya we had a poodle who got at his leg like that Rottweiler did and he went too. It was nasty.

By the way your pup looks like the ultimate buddy.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Actually Bash, a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's. Their saliva is like a natural disenfectant. What ends up happening is when the dog opens up the wound and it doesn't close and heal properly, it gets infected from the bacteria on the ground that the dog walks over. It's like sticking your hand into a toilet bowl after you get a nasty cut.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/w ... 90400a.htm

Apparently that misconception came about due to humans being more likely to fall ill from a human bite than a dog bite. Species-specific bacteria, etc. Toward themselves and other dogs, however, their saliva can be quite nasty.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Don't believe everything you read Bash.

And when I researched Dr. Clemon's name, I come up with him having a talk show on a radio station. Last I checked, no real doctor did a radio talk show. It would take away from his/her practice. I know this because my ma was married to a GP (General Practicioner, AKA Family Doctor) for a while. His work day is a lot longer than the 10-4 office hours he had posted.

True, she was married to a GP, and not a vet, but the only difference is a GP does not specialize in animals.