UFO's

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

UFO's

Post by woodchip »

This morning on Fox News, they made a comment on how all the military people they have as contributors or interviewed, all claim matter of factly that UFO's are real. Interesting.
Defender
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Defender »

Oooh, it was on Fox news. So it much be true.. </sarcasm>
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

lets try not goto war over this one.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

Peter Jennings says it's true :shock:
Linky
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

It's the Vulcans!!1 WARP 9 SCOTTY~!!3
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Technically, UFOs are real. Anything can be an unidentified flying object, even a rock. :P
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

It's the soviets!
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I have only one thing to say to all of you on this subject..... U.... FO's!!!1 :D
tris
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by tris »

fraid gonna have to agree on this one . . . aliens do exist

beeing one i cant argue otherwise :roll:
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

And you all thought my tinfoil hat was leaking.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

well,
the only evidence i need to believe aliens exist is to know human beings... there is just no way we are the most intelligent creatures in the universe.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Please people; There is a distinct difference between a UFO and an Alien. UFOs are NOT Aliens. UFOs are UFOs - sweet and simple. UFOs exist - Aliens so far - do not.

If 50% of Americans believe in UFOs (UFO = Alien to them) then I find it easy to believe - because obviously 50% of Americans are uneducated losers with no intellectual powers at all. Further reinforcing this view is the fact they apparently voted for Bush as well.
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

Mobius wrote:Please people; There is a distinct difference between a UFO and an Alien. UFOs are NOT Aliens. UFOs are UFOs - sweet and simple. UFOs exist - Aliens so far - do not.

If 50% of Americans believe in UFOs (UFO = Alien to them) then I find it easy to believe - because obviously 50% of Americans are uneducated losers with no intellectual powers at all. Further reinforcing this view is the fact they apparently voted for Bush as well.
Are you so butt hurt nothing goes on in in NZ that you have to equate everything to Bush? Or is this just your typical "Bait the Americans for entertainment" on anything you think may get a reaction?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Mobius's way of insulting Americans and saying how stupid we are as a whole is so like the stereotypes he uses it rarely fails to amuse me.
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

Krom wrote:Mobius's way of insulting Americans and saying how stupid we are as a whole is so like the stereotypes he uses it rarely fails to amuse me.
90% of the time I find it amusing too. But put that in a UFO thread? Just had to ask. :)
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Mobi, that was a completely respectable post until I scrolled down to the last line. UNTIL Mobi wrote the last line I was going to agree with him. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. Alien = Extraterrestrial, including the smallest microbes. I believe in both. Somewhere in the universe there's gotta be some microbes at LEAST.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Mobius wrote:UFOs exist - Aliens so far - do not.
By which you probably mean "legitimate evidence of aliens does not yet exist".

Or maybe you meant what you said -- aliens don't exist yet, on any planet in the universe, and you're sure of this, but maybe they'll evolve on some other planet in the future.

I find it funny you'd make such a statement and then follow it up by insulting Americans and taking a shot at Bush. You can't even form a complete sentence to describe your beliefs on the existance of aliens vs. the existance of legitimate evidence of aliens, and you call us dumb.

Everybody, say it with me:

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The UFO show is on now on ABC. Peter jennings is hosting the show. So far there are some very compelling eye witness's.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Lothar wrote: Everybody, say it with me:

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So another post winds up revolving around Mobius.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

you know the "stfu mobius" thing was kinda funny for a while. like a wink and a nod. but you people reacting to him with "an easy answer" everytime he posts kinda makes you look like you really are not open to opinions. or maybe you just arn't that creative.

we could just as easily make "don't post a friggin' novel until you are published.jpg" with a picture of a politician talking forever.

or...
"please don't type about dragons n'★■◆●.jpeg" over the screen shot of some role playing game in laser land.

or...
"back it up with research.jpeg" with a picture of a guy writing a blog (preferably, an iraqi doctor posing as a poor person).

or...
"you make no attempt to see the world through your red, white, and blue contact lenses.jpeg" over like a screen shot of 80% of the E&C's posts.

or...
"you teh_sucketh.jpeg" over a screenshot of me playing descent3.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

You'll notice Mo'BS never returns to the scene of the crime. He's the quintessential drive-by poster. :P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

TheCops wrote:you know the "stfu mobius" thing was kinda funny for a while
It's not meant to be funny. I'm 100% serious -- as long as he's uninterested in dialogue, as long as he keeps insulting people and posting incorrect facts, and as long as he refuses to back himself up when he's challenged, "STFU" is the proper response.
TheCops wrote:we could just as easily make

"don't post a friggin' novel until you are published.jpg"
"please don't type about dragons n'****.jpeg"
"back it up with research.jpeg" with a picture of a guy writing a blog
"you make no attempt to see the world through your red, white, and blue contact lenses.jpeg"
"you teh_sucketh.jpeg"
You *could*, I suppose. You have access to photoshop, or at least MS Paint. If used appropriately, I don't think anyone would care about those images. But, of course, misuse of said images would damage your credibility (like, if someone posted a "STFU Drakona" image, I think they'd get laughed off the board.)
(preferably, an iraqi doctor posing as a poor person)
I'm pretty sure the Iraqi doctors whose sites I visit don't pretend to be poor. Perhaps you should be either more subtle or more correct when you make this sort of insinuation ;)
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

whatever babe. ;)

we ain't the height of "creation" in this universe.... we be monkeys.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

We became diminished when we found out the sun and stars didn't revolve around us.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

TheCops wrote:we ain't the height of "creation" in this universe.... we be monkeys.
When did I say otherwise? I have neither supported nor denied the existance of aliens. I just corrected mobi's incomplete sentence that improperly expressed his idea, dissed him for taking a cheap shot at Americans, and told him to STFU. There's nothing in any of what I wrote that relates to the existance of aliens.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

just ban me.

i'm headin' to my no bed frame havin' bed... you figure it out.
we laughed when it broke... i'm stuck with a broken bed frame and a mattress on the floor.

confirm the story. i'm writing this from minnesota, not iraq.

â??adam's blogâ?
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hey, can anyone pull up some info about the water found on Titan? I was curious about that.

I actually have a longer arguement I might post later. I just don't have time to get into it, in-depth right now. I found the show enlightening though, needless to say.

Also, who was the scientist that was talking about how people make the common mistake of thinking that extra terrestrials are in the same time-frame that we are when in fact, they could have been here millions of years before us. I really liked his argument. He also talked about how they might could open up wormholes and travel through portals in time and space. Thus, working around the problems encountered via lightspeed. I would like to read further into his work.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Uuuuuh Mobius, I hate to break your little NZ bubble you live in but there are some smart Americans. I'll be there is a shiz load of dumb people in NZ. Probably as many as there are in the US.

You claim that there is no way UFO's could possibly exist. That is a very closed minded opinion. That was a very stereotypical statement and I take offence at that remark that you believe that 50 percent of the US are uneducated losers. There is more to the US than the media. I'm sure that that is why we are one of the top countries in technology right?

My bro, pretty much the genius of my family (I am nowhere near as smart or as driven as he is), is probably just as smart as you are Mobius. That's probably why when he went to school, they had to invent extra math courses to keep up with his needs. Yes he was in a class of about 2 students at one point. That is also why he works at (Sorry, I edited this to keep personal info safe.) I'll be he believes in the possibility of extra terrestrials.

I will, however agree with you that a common mistake in UFO's are that people tend to think UFO=Aliens, when in fact it does not at all imply that aliens fly these unknown craft. The name simply suggests that you can not identify or classify this object. The media is what really tore its research apart and caused mass critisism. If you even mention the word UFO someone looks at you like you are a paranoid freak of nature and automatically calls for a beat down by the public. Perhaps if people will actually stick to the definition of UFO and simply refer to it as unidentified, maybe we could actually have some serious proof and consideration of the topic. The only reason I'm going after you, is that your statement was very arrogant and stereotypical.

Now I believe in possibility but I also look at the facts. Now I know I used to go OOOOH UFO when I saw something strange but I have learned much since being a nerd in the 9th grade LOL.

For instance, one night I woke up, felt a fear like I have never felt, my body was paralized, I saw a pure black, featureless, figure standing over me. I was affraid for myself and my family, I heard loud popping noises in my head and felt physical pain from it, but it was almost an electricaly feeling, my body was paralized but I could look around the room, I gathered every bit of strenght in me and pulled the cover over my head and punched my fist directly up. I then pulled the cover off from my face after a few seconds and saw my fist still in the air, I was in a cold sweat and my heart was pounding loudly in my ears still. I looked around and noticed the lighting in the room matched that of the dream. However, I excused it as simply a bad dream between my sub-concious and being fully awake. What I liked about this show, is it explained that some of the abductions were probably caused by a state like this. They described this exact state. However, the experiences described by some of the more interesting cases were unlike the experience I had. My experience was a trick of the mind. Nothing more, however theirs went a long ways beyond that. One guy described that he sat up and touched the hand of one of the creatures. I could not do that in the state I was in. I could barely throw a punch and that punch I threw really didn't go all that high and was rather weak. That was all the power I had in me at the time. I couldn't sit up at all. You simply feel paralized. You are totally unable to move. Thus, my experience was a bad sub-concious/concious nightmare. This guy's was totally different. Now, his story could still be a fake. Who know's but I'm simply saying, don't dismiss the possibility.

That's a damn big universe to not have any other form of intelligent life other than our own (which is really not that intelligent). I would also say that it is highly probable that they could be millions of years more advanced than our own.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BigSlideHimself »

Lotta dotta dah.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

BigSlideHimself wrote:
Where did your bro go to school, what degree(s) did he get? I'm not familiar with (edit), what kind of work does he do?

I love brilliant people and I wish I had seen this special.

I know it's a popular sentiment to say humanity is stupid, but it's all relative isn't it?
Actually I need to rephrase part of that. Being tired all the time is not a good thing when posting. Anyway, they didn't INVENT classes. But they did make a couple of extra classes, being that they didn't teach trig or calculas at the time in high school. Now, those classes are taught at least, pretty much standard.

I won't however, disclose any personal info about my brother.

As for where he works, do a Google on it.

"I know it's a popular sentiment to say humanity is stupid, but it's all relative isn't it?"

What I said was intended as a sarcastic remark. :)

Hey Slide, please edit your post. After I thought about it a bit, I would like to keep that info quiet. :) Thanks.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Can I derail this topic into an "I like pie" thread again? Pretty please? :D

[spoiler]Coconut Lemon[/spoiler]
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Interestingly enough, I believe there is a segway that will work here:

[spoiler]Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind
Made in 1980, had hilarious comedy making fun of the Spielberg movie with one spoof after another.
PIE!!!![/spoiler]
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

BigSlideHimself wrote:Lotta dotta dah.

I just wanted to thank BigSlide for taking the time to edit his post. I gave out a little bit too much info on that one. I wasn't sure if my bro would like me giving out info about where he works so I figured I better keep it quiet.

However, your post helped me to revise a couple things. :) So Mods, his post wasn't originally related to lunch meat.

All you needed to do though, Slide, was edit the place he worked. :) But thanks anyway.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

to give mobius the benefit of the doubt, when i see a post by woodchip i will instantly assume it's regarding usa politics.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

roid wrote:to give mobius the benefit of the doubt, when i see a post by woodchip i will instantly assume it's regarding usa politics.
So you assumed UFO means the United Facist Organisation because I posted it? :roll:
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

What gets me is that military poeple, notably pilots, are recruited into their positions usually for their high intelligence and mental stability, and they also have a lot to lose by stepping up with such a story. Their careers, pensions, or whatever you call it, could disappear. This seems to weigh in pretty heavilty, rather than the backwoods hick testimonies.

"UFOs exist - Aliens so far - do not."
If you've ever read anything he's posted, it's obvious he meant that since we don't know of any, they don't exist to us.

Hate to break your bubble, Messenger, but at least 50% of America is below average. :P You should take offense to that, not at someone who said it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ABC News wrote:On Feb. 24, "Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs â?? Seeing Is Believing" takes a fresh look at the UFO phenomenon. "As a journalist," says Jennings, "I began this project with a healthy dose of skepticism and as open a mind as possible. After almost 150 interviews with scientists, investigators and with many of those who claim to have witnessed unidentified flying objects, there are important questions that have not been completely answered â?? and a great deal not fully explained."

and this from the "author" of credibility..... ;)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Testiculese wrote:What gets me is that military poeple, notable pilots, are recruited into their positions usually for their high intelligence and mental stability, and they also have a lot to lose by stepping up with such a story. Their careers, pensions, or whatever you call it, could disappear. This seems to weigh in pretty heavilty, rather than the backwoods hick testimonies.

Where you getting your statistics? Cause I know quite a few intelligent people. I would like to see solid evidence to prove this point your attempting to make.

As far back as I can remember, Japan, Russia, and the US are the leading countries, technology wise.

I find it hilarious how people can judge an entire country by its president.

We didn't exactly have a great choice last presidental election. I chose Bush because at least I knew the level of dumbass I was dealing with vs. Kerry who I was not quite as sure what he was capable of but I knew from watching his speaches that he was also a jerk.

The point I am making is that Mobius is judging everyone in America as being stupid. I could also say that everyone in NZ caused AIDS cause they hump sheep. :) But I am at least intelligent enough to know that not everyone in NZ does that. I mark Mobius's statement right up there with racists. You judge the book by the cover.

I hate to say it but people are people and we all make choices. I'll bet if people from NZ came from the same country and were raised by the same rules, we would see the same results. People are people no matter where they come from. We all make choices.

The attitude that I'm getting at here, is that Mobius seems to think himself better than anyone else in the world. Sorry but there ARE other smart people out there.

I'm admitting that I'm probably not the brightest person in a lot of areas other than 3D art and computers. I'm simply saying that there are smart people in the U.S. and yes some of them do believe life other than our own is out there.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Testiculese wrote:"UFOs exist - Aliens so far - do not."
Actually there are some quite convincing cases that "I" personally know of, that may prove that statement wrong. I will not go into that though. I never had these experiences myself but I know people close to me that claim they have and these cases were related to each other. I won't say that they did happen because I was not alive at the time, but I trust these people and they had no reason to tell this story unless it was true. There are other things that could have caused what they saw, but I won't deny the possibility of some other form of life.

As for UFO's I think it is probably more probable that they are some experimental craft or some unmanned secret plane or something. But I also will not deny the possibility of them being from some other world.

Think of it this way, THAT IS A BIG universe not to have some other form of life out there. Seems kind of like a waste doesn't it? Anyone else notice this? Hmmmm...

Now the statement, Aliens so far- do not, is also false for another reason. If we find that they exist at some point in the future, they probably currently exist. We do not know if they do exist or not. We currently, do not know if aliens exist at the moment or not is a better way to say that.

BLEH, it's not important anyway. The only way we will ever have an answer is if we ever have some physical proof or a radio signal. Until then, I'm sure there will always be those of us, still with open enough minds to gaze at the stars with hopes of something else to explore