Of Bo's, Vo's, Fo's & Ko's

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Of Bo's, Vo's, Fo's & Ko's

Post by woodchip »

It is funny. The Volker report is such a mild rebuke of UN head Kofi, that the head investigator is resigning in disgust. On the other hand our Senate committee is wringing its pearly white hands over the alledged bullyness of one Mr. Bolton (Bullying...now where did we hear that term used before). What I can't understand why we would not want Bully Bolton as our man in the UN? I suppose some like Sen. Kerry think Jane Fonda would be a better choice.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

(google searching for pictures of politicians) earlier today i came across this political-cartoon that reminded me of opinions expressed here on this forum :)
link
carry on
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Yeah! Wrecking ball the abonimable waste of space!

Is Kofi Annan the guy who was imprisoned in Africe for so long?
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Nelson Mandela.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

"Is Kofi Annan the guy who was imprisoned in Africe for so long?" - Sgt. Thorne

"Nelson Mandela" - Bash

...if Sgt Thorne comes back with 'Yea, whatever, they all look alike.' I'm going to eat my gun! :o
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Roid, I think the only thing wrong with that cartoon is they gave Annan too much credit...he doesn't have a plan.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:What I can't understand why we would not want Bully Bolton as our man in the UN?
Maybe because of his admitted contempt for the UN? His undiplomatic pursuit of hardline policy? His seeming belief that policy should dictate intelligence rather than the other way around?

As far as I'm concerned, the intelligence in the run up to the Iraq war was a complete debacle. Putting pressure on analysts to come up with the intelligence the administration wanted to hear rather than letting them do their job is a serious policy failure that harms our national security. Those involved should not be allowed to fail upward.

But then, what do I know.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Maybe because of his admitted contempt for the UN? His undiplomatic pursuit of hardline policy?
This is a bad thing? Sounds to me he's just the kinda guy to do a Wyatt Earp on the UN. Place needs a little cleaning up...by someone who doesn't suck up to Kofi like Volker does. Seems to me we've tried the kiss ass way and the "why don't we just all get along" philosophy the liberals so dearly love. Time to draw the curtains back and open the windows to let out all that back room cigar smoke.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

"Sounds to me he's just the kinda guy to do a Wyatt Earp on the UN."

And it sounds to me like he's the wrong guy to do a "Wyatt Earp" on the UN. I agree to disagree.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You would propose?