How was I banned?

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

How was I banned?

Post by Xamindar »

I just tried joing that entropy game on the Descent Retirement Home server and it said I was banned? Why would that be? I haven't even played D3 in almost 2 months. Did someone ban a whole IP range or something?
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

i think he did ban a whole ip range cuz hes been trying to ban me for awhile but everytime i reconnect on 56k my ip changes. so now im banned too ;p doesnt matter anyway wouldnt wana go back into a server run by some loser banning ppl all the time.
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

... be careful. You don't want to harm the server's delicate little ego. I think half the internet is banned from his server because the admin 1.) cannot handle someone who is drastically (read: you obviously must be hacking, right??) better than him; or 2.) cannot handle a little poop talk (that's toned-down Sh*t talking); and 3.) besides the technical aspect, has no clue how to run a server (maintaining proper community standards without stooping to corporal punishment). etc. etc.

Oh well. I guess this is the way. D3 is virtually gone. Why bother?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

From what I hear, those bans are usually lifted after a short time. In the meantime, there are plenty of other servers out there. :)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Isnt this Bama who is running the server or someone else?
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Ain't Bama, I can tell you that much. Don't remember the name of the guy who ran it though.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

DwnUndr?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I know it's not DwnUndr. From what's been posted at the ServerOps forum, the person who runs it is kind of a loner; he's not signed up on the server ops list.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

.. I think I can still retire/play at Jay's. In fact I ought to be considered a full time resident of Jay's Home !...?

.. Jay are you still reading these posts.. ? And Jay, do you still play D3 on line ..? are you on Bettina's alias database..?

Jay, ... Can we aging D3 pilots apply for a "plot" in the backyard of our retirement home..? you know, for our eventual burial ceremony, in pyro-shaped coffins with full Material Defender Honours and such..?!

... which brings to mind a Material Defender Cremation ceremony... aged pilots from Jay's retirement home plan to be buried "in space", get launched from Jay's backyard in their ship, dead or alive ( on some med's if alive..).. shot out of earth orbit and allowed to fall into the sun...

...hmm, that brings to mind J-oh... who'd probably not want to be banned from Jay's server either...

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

@_@ ???
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Krom wrote:@_@ ???
x2

I believe he ("Jay" or whoever has server access) plays as "Caretaker" or "Caregiver" on that server.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Well, then give him a good pounding in the game for me will ya? Wasn't nice to ban me just for being on a certain subnet (at least that looks like what he did).
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

nybros server isnt that great anyways :P
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

theres this one banned forum somewhere- half of them i last checked were from that one veins, and not to mention acouple here...

veins isnt the best... addicting though =P