GTA: San Andreas

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

GTA: San Andreas

Post by Beowulf »

Comes out for XBox on Monday! I'm broke and unemployed right now, but somehow I've got to get the $50 to get that game. Aw man, nothing like running over hookers and not getting arrested for it.

I've only played it for a little while on PS2 but I've heard it's the best GTA yet. Anyone here play it?
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

GTA and GTA2 was neet GT3 i hate so much. after stealing the 1st 100 cars it gets dull and never any good music
Admiral LSD
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral LSD »

I've had it on PS2 since christmas and if there's one thing that makes it better than the previous two PS2 outings it's that the main character can now swim. I don't know about anyone else but it pissed me off to no end whenever I plunged to my watery death after finally beating a particularly difficult mission or drowning in water that wouldn't have even been ankle deep. The amount of customisation you can do yo your guy is also pretty cool too as is the ability to launch gang wars and expand your turf (though this aspect is fairly brief from what I can tell). The number of extra-curricular activites you can do has also been expanded over Vice City as well. I should really play it more but I kind of lost interest after having my game saved over twice and getting a hold of MGS3 (which is a night and day improvement over MGS2).
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

When's it come out for PC though? I want to mod some cars into this sucker :D

My list for GTA:SA

Lotus Elise 2003 (I liked the dual exhuasts)
Mustang 2005
Jaguar XK 220 :D

(We should throw in Clutche's car too for kicks) ;)

Anyone know what 3D modeling programs it supports?
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

Played GTA:SA for ps2, beat it, yeah its a lot of fun.

Lots of cool little additions, fun game, lots of FRUSTRATING missions (don't even bother doing the "Zero" missions. You'll know what they are once you get there. You don't need to do them, so... Don't.. :P)

And turf wars are fairly important part of the game. You can take over all of the city if you want.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Its already out for Xbox and PC, released this monday.

if you already got it for the PS2, pass on the PC version till it gets cheaper, or trade in your Ps2 copy.

the same slow downs that plagued VC and GTA3 are still there, and the only thing new in features over VC is the ability to randomize the Mp3 station, and you get adds on that station as well, and the much greater view disatances.
Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Wang_Lo »

i mean it is good and all, everyone here has mentioned stuff that i like about it, but the "ghetto" talk gets really old really quick.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Haha oh man I've been addicted.

But what I'd like to see in the next GTA is choosing which race/gang your character starts off as and the story is different based on that. So if you're a Mexican guy you can be in one of their gangs, or if you're black you can be in one of their gangs. White people can work at Enron and Worldcomm and stuff and rob people that way. That sorta thing. I mean, the games are great, but it'd be cool to customize your main character more, and have different storylines. It'd really bump the replayability.

So far my favorite part is taking over the city via turf wars.
Admiral LSD
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral LSD »

mob-messenger wrote:When's it come out for PC though? I want to mod some cars into this sucker :D

My list for GTA:SA

Lotus Elise 2003 (I liked the dual exhuasts)
Mustang 2005
Jaguar XK 220 :D

(We should throw in Clutche's car too for kicks) ;)

Anyone know what 3D modeling programs it supports?
You do realise that the game is set in 1992, right? 2003-2005 cars would look, well, wierd.
Vertigo 99 wrote:And turf wars are fairly important part of the game. You can take over all of the city if you want.
For all of about five minutes until everything goes to ★■◆● and you lose it all. Or does it come back later?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

you'll eventually have to do the turf wars again, in probably whats the most idiotic plot twist ever.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Nope, I don't really keep track of the GTA games that much :P GTA 3 I played maybe 2/3 of the way through and got bored. GTA 4 I played maybe, I dunno 1/2 of the way through?

I had it on X-Box so, no mods could be made. At least I can have the XK 220.

Only GTA cars I liked were the Mafia cars from GTA 3 and the Cheetah aka Ferrari. Viper was pretty cool. Crotch rockets weren't bad but most of the cars I didn't really like. :P What's wrong with making them GTA current? :P
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

There was no GTA 4.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Vertigo 99 wrote:There was no GTA 4.

GTA4 = GTA:VC
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

just picked it up for xbox. does it start slow and get better, or should i just put it down now?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

kurupt wrote:just picked it up for xbox. does it start slow and get better, or should i just put it down now?
it gets better. CJ does get around to doing what Bill Cosby suggests.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Beowulf wrote:Haha oh man I've been addicted.

But what I'd like to see in the next GTA is choosing which race/gang your character starts off as and the story is different based on that. So if you're a Mexican guy you can be in one of their gangs, or if you're black you can be in one of their gangs. White people can work at Enron and Worldcomm and stuff and rob people that way. That sorta thing. I mean, the games are great, but it'd be cool to customize your main character more, and have different storylines. It'd really bump the replayability.

So far my favorite part is taking over the city via turf wars.
Too much stuff for what the PS2 can do. With the capabilities of the PS3, future GTA games are going to be much more dynamic.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

yeah K eventually it gets much better. When you're sitting in what is essentially south central poking around in a little POS hoopty its kind of boring. Wait till you unlock the other areas.