Gran Turismo 4

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Gran Turismo 4

Post by JMEaT »

Anyone else picked this up yet. It's been out for awhile but I figured I'd get it. Very impresive visuals. I was able to transfer my licences and 100k credits from my GT3 save data.

Costco has it for 42 bucks. :)
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

I have it at home.....the simulation/realism is by far more difficult to master than in GT3. Graphics are awesome, and gameplay is great. The "physics" in this game are far more realistic than any other sim-style racing game i have played. Forza Motorsport(X-Box) has great graphics too, although its way easier to handle the cars, being similar in control to GT3.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

When/if any of these uber cool racing sims come out for the PC I will start trying them. Until then, I am stuck with NASCAR racing 4. While fun, it gets a bit boring driving around in circles.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

GTR Racing for the PC. Try that out for realism. it is coming for the Xbox.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

CDN_Merlin wrote:GTR Racing for the PC. Try that out for realism. it is coming for the Xbox.
How is the racing? Is it more racing and less setup or more setup and less racing? Any sim that is setup dependant, I find tiring. I would rather race than spend hours trying to get just the right setup.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

YOu can do either, you won't stay up witht he simmers but you can easily race. There's also 3 modes, Arcade, semi and Pro.

Youcan also import extra tracks that have been converted from F1 2002
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

I preordered it and was playin it the night it came out. Awesome game, though lately I've been playing more Forza than anything (online mode rocks, pity GT4 doesnt have one).
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I'm a big fan of arcade racers, so I find myself more interested in the next Need For Speed entry (Most Wanted) than Gran Turismo, even though I have a ton of appreciation for the amazing technical merits of the GT series. Fantastic graphics.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

If you're into that kind of stuff Sol, check out Juiced. There's a demo up, which has one track under night and day.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

So far my 04 Subaru Impreza WRX is pwning the tracks... Although my supercharged 04 Tacoma X-Runner is making a mockery on the FR tracks.

And if you want to lose 100% of the races use my 80HP 04 Toyota Prius... It has Hybrid Synergy Drive! :P
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Yeah, I'm planning to exercise my THQ discount to get Juiced, hehe, along with Destroy All Humans. ;)

I just haven't quite decided which version to get. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing an Xbox because all of these games are better on it (including my own). On the other hand, I already have a PS2 and I wonder how long the $149 price of the Xbox will last. It could just as easily fall to $99 next week as the Xbox 360 approaches. This is also presuming the Xbox 360 either has flaky or no backward connectivity.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Preordered it and pretty much played the heck out it. Just don't do the 24hr Endurance races lol because those are too long. Even B-speced its 8 hrs.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I'm only 10% through the game so I don't have access to those yet.

I have a 1024HP Cadillac Cien... :twisted: Muhahahahahaha, can't wait to use it in there.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

JohnnnY wrote:Preordered it and pretty much played the heck out it. Just don't do the 24hr Endurance races lol because those are too long. Even B-speced its 8 hrs.
[spoiler]Yes, but if you have a fast enough car you can B-spec the Nurburgring 24-hour enduro and win a Formula 1 car, which you can either keep (since its the fastest in the game) or sell for 1.5 million.[/spoiler]
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Thats what I did. I already got the F1 and all of the fastest race cars(including the BMW V12 and the Pescarolos), so I stopped playing, unless I wanna make some more photos.