London's Burning.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

London's Burning.

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europ ... index.html

listening to BBC news, its rumoured a 4rth bomb has gone off... :
hope everyone in that area is OK...
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Bastids.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

20 dead, 90 casulties I've heard so far.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

been watching it on the tube.

on the map they have 8 places marked, so i'm assuming 8 bombs. not good.

they do get a lot of details wrong early on in these situations though. i remember the WTC attack from 2001 then saying "it was a small plane, we repeat... it was only a small single engine plane that crashed into the tower". which of course was way off.

i see them putting on bio-chem suits. lets hope that's just a precaution.

edit: only 6 bombs
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

reports from epople watching AQ have told the BBC it's almost certainly work of al quaeda.

why didnt they tell us sooner?! :?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

HaAGen DaZS wrote:reports from epople watching AQ have told the BBC it's almost certainly work of al quaeda.

why didnt they tell us sooner?! :?
Confusion and it takes awhile before the responsible party claims the honors. It'll be a day or two before things get sorted out. Hope all you know are safe HD.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Wow the Paki's are setting off fireworks closer to home now!

Man I love the Al Quaeda, always go fo the "low security that have nothing to do with their cause countries"!
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

a EU group working with AQ have claimed responsibilty.
Al-Qaida Claims Responsibilty for Explosions in British Capital

Al-Qaida has claimed responsibility for the series of blasts that shook central London during rush hour on Thursday morning. Blair has left the G8 meeting for the capital. At least two have been confirmed dead and scores injured in the seven blasts on the city's transportation system.

Confusion is still the order of the day in London. But that which is clear is frightening enough. A number of explosions -- at least seven according to city authorities -- shook the city's public transportation system during rush hour on Thursday morning. A double-decker bus at Tavistock Place had its roof blown completely open by a violent explosion and there were a number of explosions on the London tube as well -- including incidents at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square, and Liverpool Street stations.

The blasts, which were early on blamed on a possible power surge on the London grid, have now been claimed by the terrorist group al-Qaida according to a document posted on Web site often used by the group to announce attacks. A group calling itself "Secret Organization -- al Qaida in Europe" says it was responsible and says it was a reaction to British participation in military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. The authenticity of the claim could not immediately be verified.

Arab sources who monitor al-Qaida have also said they believe the attacks are almost certainly the handiwork of Osama bin Laden's terrorist group.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair, speaking from the G8 conference in Gleneagles, Scotland, said in an announcement, "It is recently clear that there was a series of terrorist attacks in London."

One caller to the BBC, reporting on the bus explosion at Tavistock Place, said, "The bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere."

So far, police have only confirmed two deaths and scores of injured. Many eye witnesses have reported seeing victims covered in blood and some have spoken of seeing bodies under sheets lying on sidewalks near explosion sites. Hospitals around London have gone on emergency footing and the city has urged Londoners to not call emergency services unless in case of a life threatening situation.

The entire London public transportation system has been shut down and share prices on the London stock exchange immediately dropped by 1.8 percent.

The targeting of rush hour traffic recalls the attacks that rocked Madrid on March 11, 2004, killing 191 people and injuring over 1,500 more. The blasts may have been timed to coincide with the G8 conference, currently being held at the Gleneagles golf resort in Scotland and hosted by British Prime Minister Tony Blair. "It is particularly barbaric that this should happen on a day when people are meeting to address the problems facing Africa and climate change," Blair said. He said that leaders had agreed that the meeting would continue although he himself will be heading to London for the day and plans to return to Gleneagles in the evening.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

Purported Al-Qaida Letter Claims Responsibility for Bombings

By Yassin Musharbash

A letter posted on a Web site frequently used by al-Qaida claims that the "Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" is responsible for today's massive terrorist attack in London. In it, the group also issues warnings to Denmark and Italy.

In a letter located by SPIEGEL ONLINE on a Web site trafficked by al-Qaida, a document that claims to be written by the interntional terror group claims responsibility for the London attacks.

"Rejoice, community of Muslims," the letter states. "The heroic mujahedeens today conducted an attack in London," it continues. All of Great Britain is now shaken and shocked, "in the north, the south, west and east." "We've warned the British government and the British people time and again," the letter adds. "We've kept our promise and have carried out a blessed military operation."

"We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all other crusader governments." We demand that all countries pull their troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq, states the letter, which has been signed by the "Secret Organization -- al Qaida in Europe."

The authenticity of the document could not be immediately confirmed. But in recent months, authentic bulletins and claims of responsibility from different terrorist groups, including the Iraqi al-Qaida affiliate, have been posted to the "al-Qala'a" Web site where today's posting was found. Inauthentic material, however, has also been posted to the site in the past.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Rat bastards. :mad:

Our thoughts and prayers for our friends in the UK.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

My prayers are with you guys.

I hope Europe will unite in annihilating the garbage responsible for this.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

My thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families :(

This has to stop. I don't care what we have to do, or how long it takes to do it, but we cannot let these bastards continue to spread fear like this.
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

Nuts. I just came back from London 3 days ago :shock:
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

My cousin is in London right now. He's OK thank God. He lives near one of the bomb sites. Lucky he walks to work.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

The blasts, which were early on blamed on a possible power surge on the London grid,

now there is an interesting excuse..... :roll:

didnt these bombs go off in as little as 5 minutes or so? thats what im hearing on Fox News.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

the bombings went off not long before 9am BST - around 4am EST.

the same time the towers got hit... i dont think that holds anything, but i thought id mention it, since someone else prob would.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

thats sad news, my thoughts go out to the families and friends....
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Sheesh, I've got family over there too.

edit: They found two unexploded bombs just a few minutes ago according to CNN. (as of 3:04 CST)
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Same, an uncle aunt and cousin. :-\
max kragen
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by max kragen »

:cry:
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

:x
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Hope all is well in London now. Best of luck!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

If they call that a crusade, they don't know what they're talking about.

No-one would want a real crusade... least of all the Arabs.
JazzyJet
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JazzyJet »

Wow El Ka Bong. Makes u think
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

Grover was having a bad day then, .. eh Jazzy ..?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

See, this is why I told people not to start this crap in E&C... we don't need the "nuke 'em" / "appease 'em" / "it's Bush's fault" / "it's Chirac's fault" arguments. Now is not the time for that. Give your best wishes and prayers to those in London, and knock off the nastiness...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

including the racist comments.
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

This statement would be overboard on the racist nationalist thing...

"Should have been France"

*BTW thoughts are with the Brits hope they heal and catch those who did it...
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

... ok .. nm...
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

:roll:

At any rate, condolences to the Brits and anyone with family over there.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Looks like the Londoners did well, just keeping calm and helping each other. Heh, all the news sources are reporting that they're doing the same thing they did when they were under attack in WWII by the Germans. They call it the "blitz" spirit.

Go Londoners!
My thoughts and prayers to the families.