Roomate Stories

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Roomate Stories

Post by Canuck »

I have a few good ones since I've been renting from the age of 16, and paying room and board from the age of 12. But this one is ranking right up there.

I had a female guide move into the vacant room 2 and a half months ago, she's given notice by the way... she found a cheaper place.

She paid first month's phone/internet bill, then at the end of last month's bill decided not to pay the phone bill, just the Internet. ADSL comes across the phone line Lady, so I'll unplug your computer from the router and you can have no Internet too.

She says OK then I don't want to pay my third of the answering service... sure thing schnookums... that move saves you $1.88 a month thanks for fuxoring things up for the rest of your stay. Have a nice day.

To top this off her visiting sister who ate my food and used my phone for 2 weeks ditched me with $10.00 LD charges, better than the $50.00 some of them leave I guess.

So now she gives notice at the beginning of this month... I'm heartbroken and her room is taken literally 10 minutes after she gives notice.

Three days ago I see her take a bag down to the garage and then hear what sounds like someone trying to cut logs with a spoon, or sawing with a comb. I figured she was crafting something or making a wood frame and was going to offer her a coping saw or something, but I left her to her own devices and actually thought nothing of it.

Next morning I see her going downstairs and the same noises start up. Ok now that's got my interest, her cell rings and she goes upstairs to answer it and I sneak a peek at whats going on downstairs.

She's trying to start a fire with two pieces of wood and a bow on a piece of cloth on the floor. The place is smoky and shes been throwing the smoldered wood into a trash bin full of paper and cardboard.

I peaked. She's 2 feet from a bevy of paint and other thinners, and 18" from a rolled up wool carpet, not mentioning the fact that your trying to start open flame in a garage.

I asked her to please go outside and do this.
She just argued. She said all she was making was smoke. I told her then the smoke detectors in the garage will go off and all the other detectors as well since they are wired together, besides I like to avoid smoke in the garage. Her counterpoint was they aren't. WTF? Everything I asked her to do was met with an argument, the final one being the other roommate hasn't complained.

So today I went to the other roommate while he was at work and let him know what was up. He's Asian and his eyes literally went really round. Next I asked him to sign a petition asking Miss X to, "please refrain from starting fires in the garage due to safety concerns". He signed.

As well as the downstairs neighbor who didn't appreciate the smoke and noises and the next door neighbors... we live in a large duplex, I actually had to stop the lady next door from going over and tearing her a new one.

I then called the landlord and let him in on the fun.
He was perplexed as to why she was doing this, as was everyone else involved. I dropped off the petition on her fire starter kit, and funny enough the Landlord called to speak to her as I type this.

Door slams and not speaking to me... lol what a wing nut.

I swear to God she starts trying to make another fire or even smoke again tomorrow, I'll take our biggest fire extinguisher and empty it all over her project.
Too bad if her face is in the way.

What would your responses be to a scenario such as this?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Tap that @$$ then kick her out?
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I don't want her, you can have her, she's too weird for me. The Landlord talked to her for over 15 minutes but I wasn't privy to the conversation.

I'm sure she was let known in no uncertain terms that she was to stop her project.

This morning I walked by her room and her door was open while she was in the kitchen... on her bookshelf, right beside the open door... is my Atlas.

An expensive book that I had packed away in some boxes downstairs. I had found people were drawing lines in it so I put it away.

She went through my boxes and took my book, simply unbelievable. I'm livid now as well as leery as to what other things she is capable of.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Stories like this one are just adding up to my reasons for not having someone I don't know or trust be my roommate when I move out in a few months :P I actually trust no one to be my roommate O-o considering I don't know anyone's attitude toward paying the bills, keeping the place clean, cleaning up after oneself, respecting each other's privacy, respecting someone when that person is trying to study...
Call me paranoid but that's just how I feel about roommates.
Nuckers, ditch that woman. She isn't being respectful. She's causing trouble. She's not paying her part in the bills... need I say more? :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yeah Nuk Nuk, stop thinking with the little head. :wink:
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I have a rule not to fool around with roommates, no matter how attractive they are. Just messes things up. She was to rent a room that's all.

She hasn't come home yet and seen the note asking her to return the atlas, and I also think she hasn't seen the signed petition yet as well, I left it on her "fire-starter kit" in the garage.

Regardless she doesn't speak to me now, but I really don't care if she does or not.

Kiran it's tough to find good roomates, but when you do things work well. Just don't let them take advantage of situations and walk all over you. Make up a schedule for all parties to clean and do chores.
Lay down the law on bill and rent paying dates, and have rules about noise after certain hours so you can have peace and quiet to study.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

So the new roomate scenerio is this;

Roomate 1 works from 1PM-10PM and has Mondays off.
Roomate 2 works from 8-5 or 3PM-3AM or anything in between, he was my roomate from over 2 years ago and we get along great.
And I work the 8-5 thing or later.

Everyone pretty well has the house to themselves when they get home, and if they need privacy the layout alows one to leave the crowd if one wishes.

I have the feeling this girl is going to be bitter :P
If she tries some trix I'm gonna dazzle her with some moves.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Here's a humorous (probably only to me) roommate story from 5 minutes ago. A roommate breaks a glass in the kitchen. I grab the broom for him. When he's done picking up the glass he comes up to me holding the broom and dust pan and says "where does this go?"

I laughed and said "Scott, you've lived here for 2 years, and you don't know where the broom goes?"

Needless to say, he doesn't do much cleaning.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Hehe had one like that too, actually a few.

Well this woman never gives up.
She wrote me a letter stating that my soldering iron, (a closed ceramic heater type, regulated) is more dangerous than her bow drill. Plain bull.

She's making smoke and burning embers, open ignition.

She then stated that had I asked her politely she would have stopped.

How much more polite is, "I would prefer that you do that outside". She hasn't seen the Irish temper in me yet.

She then returned the petition and asked who are these people? I told her they are your roomates and neighbors, please respect them.

She laughed and called me funny, and as she walked away, "and stupid."

Today I woke up and removed the house computers she uses every day. She started it :P
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Vander wrote:Here's a humorous (probably only to me) roommate story from 5 minutes ago. A roommate breaks a glass in the kitchen. I grab the broom for him. When he's done picking up the glass he comes up to me holding the broom and dust pan and says "where does this go?"

I laughed and said "Scott, you've lived here for 2 years, and you don't know where the broom goes?"

Needless to say, he doesn't do much cleaning.
Thats what my kids would say LOL!
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Canuck, women are crazy in situations like what you describe. I'd make sure your smoke detectors have fresh batteries and you have more than one escape route. :oops: Seriously, you may need to involve the landlord before this turns way ugly (and possibly damaging).
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Has she started flinging poo yet? :shock:
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

ROFL, she is hanging out at friends houses for sure.
Just got back from dinner with the new roommate, we had a gas. He also promised not to start fires in the garage.

Prodigy's tune Firestarter comes to mind when I see Ms. X now.
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

It seems pretty obvious that you're totally into having sex with her.
Only a true pilot can fly the high skies in this ultimate flying games
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

kufyit wrote:It seems pretty obvious that you're totally into having sex with her.
Haha
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

Don't even get me started on roommates. I've had only 2 roomies in my life... basically one that 'clicked' and we went clubbing and did the regular social things... and another who totally fucked up the house and fucked everything up but yet had some ability to convince the landlord that everything was my fault.

I've got stories that can go into long-lasting novels.

Oh well. That's all in the past now.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Kufyit if you saw the last 3 female roommates I've had, and the women I associate with, you would retract that statement.

People who are shallow, phony, and ignorant don't turn me on. Toss in pyromania and your off the list completely.
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

I live alone because Iâ??m functionally insane... I can't stand roommates.

Canuck, crazy women make way better lovers than stable women, almost without exception. But yea, there is that little thing about bodily harm and your possessions being ruined, but other than that it is a lot of fun.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Very aware of the physco-sex "effect".

Being able to sleep with both eyes closed and not worrying that your house is in flames when you return from work are two bonuses however.