Kruel's Kryllidian Krusade v1.1 - file needed!

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Kruel's Kryllidian Krusade v1.1 - file needed!

Post by Diedel »

Hello guys,

as you probably know I am looking for great D1/D2 levels for my level spotlight.

Kruel's Kryllidian Krusade would be definitely a candidate. Unfortunately, there are two versions of it, both of which can be found on PlanetDescent and Fileplanet: krusade.zip (v1.0) and kkr.zip (v1.1). Ofc, I'd love to have the revised version. The zip file on dfiles obviously is damaged though, and maybe the one on FP, too (I cannot tell for sure however because my company's proxy might have returned the DF hosted file when I was requesting the FP hosted one, which I called for when detecting the former one was damaged).

Does any of you happen to have this file on still on your HD? If so, would you e-mail it to karx11erx at hotmail dot com? Would be much appreciated. :)

Diedel
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

The best levels I ever played in D2 were Midgard ones. You should look into getting those also.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Merlin,

thanks for the hint, though your post would have better fit the level spotlight thread. ;)

I have 9 or 10 Midgard levels on my HD, but apart from the great texturing I don't find them all that good - they seem a tad too large. I'd need to check that in multiplayer though and not just judge it by flying around in them a little. It's just that I have moved and don't yet have inet at home.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Diedel,
I have this one, but I'm not sure what version it is.
Krusade.zip
Hope this helps some. :)

EDIT: And found this one as well. kkr.zip
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Aus-RED,

I appreciate it, but your zip file is broken ... :cry:

I've got the mission directly from Nick Herres (Kruel) though after managing to find his e-mail address. He's amazed ppl still play D2 ... :D

Edit: What Nick sent me seems to be incomplete. KKR v1.1 should have 7 levels, his has only 6, and the last one seems to be unfinished (there is e.g. a blue door, but no blue key, and some stuff is behind walls that can be opened nowhere). D'oh.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

hummm thats funny.. I just d/l from my post. Work fine for me. Want me to e-mail them to ya even though you got them from Nick? I don't know.... maybe he gave you the wrong version?? :lol:
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Maybe it's our bloody proxy. Yes, please e-mail it. Check your PM for my e-mail addy.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Done and sent! :)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Nothing has arrived yet, and I've been waiting a few hours. Our companie's mail filter didn't catch it either.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Red's kkr.zip link is corrupted, and so is the one on File Planet. There are at least three versions floating about, the original, the revision, and the second revision. I have the first revised version, but the kkr.zip (if one reads the txt file that happens to be uncorrupted) seems to be a second revision.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

This one seems to work fine for me:
http://www.ftp-sunet-se.lkams.kernel.or ... tw/kkr.zip
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Jeff and Diedel,
I have no idea why its not working on your end. The links works fine for me. As you can see after I dowloaded the zip file. The TXT and all other files are in the zip file as seen below.

Diedel I click on the e-mail addy you sent me. I sent them and seem to went through fine. Don't know why they didn't reach ya. Will try again. :)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Oh dang - the e-mails went through our company's spam filter, but not through the one on my local workplace machine ... :oops: ... and because I have spam automatically marked as "read", I didn't notice.

So the file is here, thank you, and the zip file is intact. :)

When I was thinking about the missing key in the last level of the mission it came to my mind though that it could be contained in some robot, and when I checked that with DLE-XP it turned out that this was the right idea.

So the mission I had received from Nick is alright, too.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Thats good to hear. :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If the version that Jeff250 posted is the correct version, then I can replace the corrupted file on PD with it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Top Gun,

you can post it.

Btw, I've found quite a few duplicate levels in PD's D2 level archive - different zip file names, but identical contents.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That doesn't surprise me. The D1/D2 missions archives are kind of a wasteland; the vast majority of them are just listed by filename, not level name, and until relatively recently, they weren't even available for download individually (you had to download all the levels that began with a certain letter). The problem is, no one's willing to take the large amount of time necessary to clean things up. :P Another factor is the difference between the D1/2 and D3 archives pages. All of us staff members have access to the D3 missions list; we can add new missions, edit entries, and post new files as soon as they're on the server. The D1/2 archives are static and require Thunderbird or Inquisitor to go in and edit them manually. Thunderbird has talked about updating some parts of the site in the past, since GameSpy discontinued support for the type of scripting that much of it is written in, leading to errors on submission forms throughout the site; if that update ever takes place, maybe then we can go through and reorganize things. Until that happens, though, I'll consent myself with uploading that level. :P