Anti Cheat Flaw

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Anti Cheat Flaw

Post by Zero! »

dunno if this is in the right index so move it as u please...

I played someone last night with really good md. i think it was a hack cuz that person never missed. behemoth played him in a 1v1 with the ac on it. and some really weird things were going on. his falres went off automaticaly when he killed someone. now i dont know if ur anticheat thing supports auto aim hack. if it does plz make sure the file is written correctly or wut ever the technical term for it is.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

would like to hear the explanation from him for this as well.
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

The flare thing isn't all that rare. I do it from time to time just to see if i can stick it to them before they blow up.

That said, we need the other side of the story.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

well....hmmm....first of all, I would be interested in seeing this demo(not that I can spot a cheat, I just enjoy demos :P ). Secondly, just to let you know, <edit> these people are the same ones who offered me a plane ticket or money to fix my ride so I could go see my sick father in Mississippi...I find it hard to believe this is true since they could have easily posted that info. to make themselves seem 'o so nice'....but they did'nt, they pm'ed me. AND! <edit> who the post came from, also stated that if I gave him any carp about "oh I can't take it" that he would be truly offended....well, I turned him down anyway (personal reasons) and sent him back a pm saying sorry....and you know what? He must really be offended because he did'nt pm back, which is highly abnormal. So I find it hard to believe is all... :)

Anyway, I'm your my teammate, and I got your back(like u really need my help) :wink: , but I'm sure there is some plausible explaination behind this.

Sheep?....
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

Just drown the witch and see if she floats or not, you fools.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

LOL!

Post by WarAdvocat »

aimbot! doesn't need to be homing... duh
Tangaroa
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tangaroa »

Is it even possible to have modified flares that do more damage working in multiplayer using the cheat method that involves modifying you know what file? I was under the impression that going through walls worked, because it only affects the person with the modification, but damage caused by weapons directly affects other people, and they have the original version and the original damage value of said file.

And homing mass driver is probably impossible unless you slow the mass driver down, in fact, I will try some experiments to test that right now in single player...

Edit: Seems that mass driver definatley doesnt home at the speeds it normally travels at, and if you slow it down, you have to increase the time out period or it will time out long before hitting anything, and if you do that, it looks strange.

Second edit: strange, the topic creators original post was a hell of a lot more n00bish.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

WillKill...Sorry about not responding to your PM earlier. Muff just had a root canal with 4 canals that needed to have the nerves cut out. She was in quite a bit of pain, so I've been kinda busy today. :) But I am very glad to hear your Dad is doing ok. :)

I normally don't make a habit out of responding to "witch" allegations (thanks cope), but this time, I think you guys (Zero, Behemoth), just take it too far.

First of all, I and the person in question have been playing Descent since the D1 Demo days. Didn't have a modem connection to the net at that time, but would spent countless hours playing single player and 1v1's. First started playing online seriously when D3 came out as I seriously wanted to give it my best shot to win the $50k.

At that time, I did pretty well, I was SheepShearer back then and wound up in around 16th place before the elimination rounds began to see who would go to Vegas. For some reason I never did get the notification of my match and wound up with a forfeit.

Well, I personally have played most of my career online through dialup or my preferred 1v1 matches with my buddies. I don't go to LAN's as I already have my own setup and D3 lovin friends but I was accused of cheating years ago on dialup, and still am to this day. Seems people back then couldn't believe someone could do so well with 200ms ping and now that my ping is low, I'm now accused of all sorts of outlandish things such as homing vauss, speed hacks, see throuh walls ability...whatever.

Just cause someone doesn't play at LAN's or isn't well known, doesn't mean they suck. In fact, some of the best players just show up outta nowhere and of course everyone ASSumes they must be a noob cause they never heard of them b4.

Well, I and this person don't cheat and never will. AntiCheat was my response to the major outbreak of hackers about 2 years ago.

The continued attacks on mine and my friends abilities only tells me one thing. Obviously, whatever I've been doing the last 9 years has paid off, and with the skills I learned on dialup on leading and dodging do even better on a 30ms connect.

You forgot to mention, whenever I kill someone, I fire a flare and play a taunt. Seems nothin pisses peeps off more so, I made a macro that plays a taunt and fires a flare with the same button.

As for the aiming and shooting, well, I trained this person, and trained them well obviously. My rule is kill first, dodge later. Be aggressive and if you even have the slightest chance of hitting someone, shoot. This has the side effect of firing a lot but the number of shots that hit also goes up.

As for being better with MD than another weapon or dieing cause you don't have one...ROFLMAO!!!! Kata is a MD level. In fact, any level with an MD in it is an MD level to me and I will continue to teach that the MD should be the weapon of choice followed by vauss/fusion.

Personally, I could care less what you, Behemoth, or Birds think. I play my game the best I can and always have. You think you're the best, good for you, but I ain't no noob and either is my friend.

This will be my last reply to cheat accusations as I actually have better things to do in my life. So, why don't you 2 go get one too, huh?

This is a response to Zero's UNEDITED post - SuperSheep
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone claiming that myself or someone else in the same game must have been using a MD aim-bot I'd be wealthy by now. There have been times when Iâ??ve played in a game at 100-120 MS and not missed a single MD shot at the maximum reload in the magnum. Itâ??s just the way MD works, sometimes you just have the perfect aim with it, the odds of that happening with MD are the best of any weapon in the game.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i am only looking at it from a amazed observer point of view sheep, there is no reason for you to be antagonistic towards me
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

SuperSheep wrote:WillKill...Sorry about not responding to your PM earlier. Muff just had a root canal with 4 canals that needed to have the nerves cut out. She was in quite a bit of pain, so I've been kinda busy today. :) But I am very glad to hear your Dad is doing ok. :)

I normally don't make a habit out of responding to "witch" allegations (thanks cope), but this time, I think you guys (Zero, Behemoth), just take it too far.

First of all, I and the person in question have been playing Descent since the D1 Demo days. Didn't have a modem connection to the net at that time, but would spent countless hours playing single player and 1v1's. First started playing online seriously when D3 came out as I seriously wanted to give it my best shot to win the $50k.

At that time, I did pretty well, I was SheepShearer back then and wound up in around 16th place before the elimination rounds began to see who would go to Vegas. For some reason I never did get the notification of my match and wound up with a forfeit.

Well, I personally have played most of my career online through dialup or my preferred 1v1 matches with my buddies. I don't go to LAN's as I already have my own setup and D3 lovin friends but I was accused of cheating years ago on dialup, and still am to this day. Seems people back then couldn't believe someone could do so well with 200ms ping and now that my ping is low, I'm now accused of all sorts of outlandish things such as homing vauss, speed hacks, see throuh walls ability...whatever.

Just cause someone doesn't play at LAN's or isn't well known, doesn't mean they suck. In fact, some of the best players just show up outta nowhere and of course everyone ASSumes they must be a noob cause they never heard of them b4.

Well, I and this person don't cheat and never will. AntiCheat was my response to the major outbreak of hackers about 2 years ago.

The continued attacks on mine and my friends abilities only tells me one thing. Obviously, whatever I've been doing the last 9 years has paid off, and with the skills I learned on dialup on leading and dodging do even better on a 30ms connect.

You forgot to mention, whenever I kill someone, I fire a flare and play a taunt. Seems nothin pisses peeps off more so, I made a macro that plays a taunt and fires a flare with the same button.

As for the aiming and shooting, well, I trained this person, and trained them well obviously. My rule is kill first, dodge later. Be aggressive and if you even have the slightest chance of hitting someone, shoot. This has the side effect of firing a lot but the number of shots that hit also goes up.

As for being better with MD than another weapon or dieing cause you don't have one...ROFLMAO!!!! Kata is a MD level. In fact, any level with an MD in it is an MD level to me and I will continue to teach that the MD should be the weapon of choice followed by vauss/fusion.

Personally, I could care less what you, Behemoth, or Birds think. I play my game the best I can and always have. You think you're the best, good for you, but I ain't no noob and either is my friend.

This will be my last reply to cheat accusations as I actually have better things to do in my life. So, why don't you 2 go get one too, huh?

This is a response to Zero's UNEDITED post - SuperSheep
well then i apologize for even starting this thread. this really freaked me out cuz ive never seen this happen before and i overacted about. again i apologize and hope theres no hate going between us.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

he is a very understanding individual bro'...you guys will be fine :)
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

I have a lot of respect for all players in this. But I do have to say that I seriously doubt Sheep cheats.

Just my 2 cents.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Nuff said. I'm closing this at Zero's request.