Wacom Tablets

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Wacom Tablets

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I was wondering what some of the artist around here would recommend for a Wacom Tablet for my texture work?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Try to find an ALDI store, they are a european store that has expanded worldwide (they opened stores in Australia relatively recently), they have stores in USA.
They sell a tablet of a brand called "Medion", it has an A4 (9"x12") drawing area - that's the big ones babeh :). None of this little "post-card size" drawing area crap :P.

and it's cheap as ★■◆●~! (probably around $50US) and i hear good things about them when i do google searches for what ppl say about them. Basically they are prettymuch as good as a Wacom, but you pay nothing for them.

i'm gonna get one soon when they come back in stock (they tend to rapidly sell out when they get them in). I'm guessing that what happens is that all the art students run in to grab em ASAP.

considering Wacoms go for $200US+, and you'd pay an arm and a leg for an A4 drawing area Wacom ($450US+). ALDI's A4 Medion tablet is a no brainer.
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

I use a 6x8 Graphire2 Wacom, and I think it's great!