Hey, where'd my phone go?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Hey, where'd my phone go?

Post by Sarge »

Down the toilet evidently!
More and more mobile phones are turning up in the sewage system of the Helsinki Metropolitan area, according to Helsinki Water, which serves over one million households. It's not known if the phones are purposely or accidentally disposed of, but with 4.8m mobile users in Finland, it's reasonable to expect a certain number of toilet-related mobile incidents.
http://www.theregister.com/2005/11/16/p ... he_toilet/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Maybe they had a crappy connection, then flushed them?
:wink:
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Hey thats funny. Also in that article is a link to this (cell phones broken by tight jeans) : http://www.cellular-news.com/story/11367.shtml

Heh!
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Chuck Norris once bought a cell phone. He put it in his coat pocket and when Chuck flexed, the cell phone got scared and broke itself.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

fliptw wrote:Chuck Norris once bought a cell phone. He put it in his coat pocket and when Chuck flexed, the cell phone got scared and broke itself.
ever seen conan o'brien's walker texas ranger lever... he pulls a lever and the audience is treated to a clip of walker texas ranger (for free, since nbc now owns it). that chuck norris is one bad mammajamma. wooo. i bet a lot of his electronics are intimidated.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

All right, poll time. Who actually uses their cell phone while on the loo?

Not me. I don't even have a cell phone.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The only people I talk to with mine are my younger brother and my mommy. :P I've never used my phone in the bathroom, but with the crappy signal strength it gets, there have been many times when I've seriously considered doing something as drastic as flushing it.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

dissent wrote:All right, poll time. Who actually uses their cell phone while on the loo?

I think it's rude to use the cell phone in the 'loo' so I always turn mine off for that. I don't want to recieve a call there or place one either. If you are one of those that must use your phone in the 'loo' don't call me.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Richard Cranium wrote:
dissent wrote:All right, poll time. Who actually uses their cell phone while on the loo?

I think it's rude to use the cell phone in the 'loo' so I always turn mine off for that. I don't want to recieve a call there or place one either. If you are one of those that must use your phone in the 'loo' don't call me.
Word.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

i filmed myself taking a crap at one of our gigs. itll be for "ripped off tour chronicles"!

i talk on the can all the time! nothing funnier than when you plop one and the receiver says.. "wtf was that??"
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Me working at Motorola I see all kinds of nutjobs using their cellphones at the john, cafetiria cash register, ect. Its annoying as hell (and rude).