Iraqi Conspiracy?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Iraqi Conspiracy?

Post by Zuruck »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051216/ap_ ... al_zarqawi

Ok, now his picture, and quite a few renditions, are plastered in the minds of our troops and the Iraqi forces. Now, how in the world, did they not know it was him? I can understand them seeing a lot of people, but doesn't this beg some sort of question? Exactly how hard are the Iraqis looking? For 25 mil, I'd be doing DNA on every single one of them. Just a thought.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Iraqi Conspiracy?

Post by Will Robinson »

Zuruck wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051216/ap_ ... al_zarqawi

Ok, now his picture, and quite a few renditions, are plastered in the minds of our troops and the Iraqi forces. Now, how in the world, did they not know it was him? I can understand them seeing a lot of people, but doesn't this beg some sort of question? Exactly how hard are the Iraqis looking? For 25 mil, I'd be doing DNA on every single one of them. Just a thought.
Two questions popped into my mind after reading your post:
1) Do we have the DNA samples of everyone who will end up being a wanted terrorist already stored away?
2) How could he have been released when we are shipping everyone who is even slightly suspicious off to our torture facilities?

/sarcastic smartass response ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

"Afterward, he was released because we did not know the identity of this criminal," Kamal told LBC."

So let me get this straight. Foreign terrorists are operating in your country. You have a person with no identity papers. So what is one to do? Why let him go of course. Sounds kinda like the good 'ole USofA.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

the people: LET THEM GO. BE FAIR. DUE PROCESS!!!!

them: we figured out that we let the wrong one go...

the people: WTF... U FACKING MORONS OMG YOU SUCK!!!

/rant
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

I was at a wedding yesterday and had an interesting conversation with some US Rangers. The groom and his mates are US Rangers, they have in town for three days, hence why he got married quick, and then are back to Iraq. I spoke to the best man about this subject and he said that nobody likes working with the Iraqis. I'm assuming that it's the same feeling that soldiers in Vietnam felt sometimes.
Pugwash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pugwash »

The Iraqis obviously needed a "patriot act". this ★■◆● would never have happened. ;)

on another note:

I can see the seen at the prison gates. the nice sunni prison guard opening the cell door, "your free to go mr zarq..... er I mean mr doe.