Quadro4 900/980 XGL Blurry/Ghosted display ...

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Quadro4 900/980 XGL Blurry/Ghosted display ...

Post by KoolBear »

I have two systems the one here at work one is a Dell Workstation PWS450 Dual Xeon Processor with a Quadro4 900 XGL video card running Mindows 2000.

At home I have a Compaq Workstation EVO P4 2.4 Processor with a Quadro4 980 XGL video card running XP Professional.

Both units are extremely fuzzy/blurred/ghosted. I searched everywhere but didn't find anything.

YiD,

KB
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

what do you mean by 'blurred'?

are you saying the picture in general is just blurry or fuzzy when you are on you desktop?

are you using lcd monitors or crts?

what resolutions?
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

fyrephlie wrote:what do you mean by 'blurred'?

are you saying the picture in general is just blurry or fuzzy when you are on you desktop?

are you using lcd monitors or crts?

what resolutions?

x2.... need more info KB.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Are you by chance using an extention cable? I've seen that happen countless times with those. Its really hard to find a properly shielded extention cable these days.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Most obvious answer: your eyes are blurry. ;)

Have you forced the refresh rate to the absolute limit? CRTs can degrade at the very top end of their range.

If you are using LCDs - are they set to their native resolution? LCDs scale horribly.

Ghosting sounds like a driver issue.

Two words: *cough* DELL, *cough* Compaq. :(
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Mobi, Dell and HP quit using proprietary drivers for video cards years ago. They use the exact same video cards you can buy online or in-store. You obviously haven't touched one in years. 99% of the time, they use the MICROSOFT drivers instead of the manufacturer drivers. I haven't seen a proprietary vid card in a brand new pre-built system since the TNT cards came out. This is a HARDWARE issue. :)
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

I still wouldn't touch a DELL *or* a Compcrap, err Compaq. Mostly because of service, or lack/speed thereof.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

out of curiousity, where did KB go... he asks as question then dissapears. lol.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Quadro4 900/980 XGL Blurry/Ghosted display ...

Post by Tricord »

KoolBear wrote:Both units are extremely fuzzy/blurred/ghosted. I searched everywhere but didn't find anything.
Maybe it's the age and the hardware is fine ;)
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Can you say, Optomatrist? :P
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I'm going to second that if they're CRT's, try knocking down the refresh rate a notch, and that if they're LCD's, check to make sure they're running at native resolution. A lot of LCD's need to have some button pressed to automatically adjust themselves to look crisp even if they're running at native resolution too.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

MD-2389 wrote:Mobi, Dell and HP quit using proprietary drivers for video cards years ago. They use the exact same video cards you can buy online or in-store. You obviously haven't touched one in years. 99% of the time, they use the MICROSOFT drivers instead of the manufacturer drivers. I haven't seen a proprietary vid card in a brand new pre-built system since the TNT cards came out. This is a HARDWARE issue. :)

TY MD.... ive had HP's for the last 6 years and they do not use proprietary drivers for video devices.