Internet Explorer 7 Public Preview

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Internet Explorer 7 Public Preview

Post by BUBBALOU »

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview will only run on Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) systems
.. rest to follow

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7 ... irect.mspx

cleartype on by default (Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance > Effects button)

When you install IE7 it will revert back to the default for security/internet options under tools section. so check before upgrade

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hrmm... /me eye's it suppiciously....

beta + Microsoft = BaaAAaad Mojo....

:mrgreen:

seriously tho, anyone using this? I'm still smarting from all the Dx headaches. (yea I know, that was a long time ago)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Unpaid public beta tester? No thanks.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I dont think ill ever use it because I like to use a system where people can write up plug-ins to enhance a browser, and with those it has made Firefox much more advanced.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

I hope the final will work with Win2000, because I'm not upgrading for that piece of ★■◆● ;)
Maybe IE7 will be the final reason to go Firefox :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I have my doubts it will work with windows 2000.

And if you are still using IE6, you should swich to Firefox right now. :P

That preview was interesting, some of the features I can see a real use for. The close button on each tab would be nice. The view of all the tabs tiled I can't really see using. I tend to agree about the inline search in Firefox though, absoltely the best method of searching a window ever created, I wish word, notepad, everything in windows used the same method.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

I'll give it a shot when it comes out of the beta phase. Hopefully by then we'll have a better idea of how secure it is. I really like Firefox and all the little details that make it so useful, so MS will have a tough time yanking me away. But if it turns out to be a better browser than FF then I'll take a closer look at it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

be nice if FF fixed that flash quirk. :P
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

No way will M$ make IE7 work on Windows 2000. They want to sell more product. You can't make any money by giving stuff away to work on your old systems.

I wouldn't be surprised if the M$ board REALLY wanted only Vista users to get IE7: that'd be a *cough* incentive to upgrade to the DRM nightmare that Vista will become.

HELLO LINUX!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Some interesting feature upgrades; sounds like MS actually pulled something half-decent for once. :P I know I won't be switching back, though; I've been addicted to Firefox since first trying it, and I like the extensions I'm able to use with it. The visual tabs display sounds interesting, but I doubt I'd use it much. I don't understand what the rationale is in ditching the menu bar in favor of a side view; I've never once used FF's sidebar to open up bookmarks. To me, it's just something that takes up way too much space and is too unwieldy. I also don't understand why having a \"Close Tab\" button on each tab is necessary, or why anyone needs such a button in the first place; isn't simply middle-clicking to close tabs a helluva lot easier? :P
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Top Gun wrote:I also don't understand why having a "Close Tab" button on each tab is necessary, or why anyone needs such a button in the first place; isn't simply middle-clicking to close tabs a helluva lot easier? :P
Hmmm, I didn't know it did that. :o
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Top Gun wrote:I also don't understand why having a "Close Tab" button on each tab is necessary, or why anyone needs such a button in the first place; isn't simply middle-clicking to close tabs a helluva lot easier? :P

omg.. PWND!

LOL :lol:

+1 for you Topgun!
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

LOL, no kidding. I thought everyone knew about that :?

In fact, I'd rather not have a 'close tab' button on each tab, for the simple fact that if I carelessly click on a tab that I wanted to look at then I'll be kinda mad if it goes away.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I normally right clik and close. : )
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Hey Duper? ST**... lol
Tell em what happened last night in Halo... :)

BTW, my middle click does not close the tab
and if setting it to do that does what it did
to Duper, I'll take the close button. :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

WEll.. it seems that I got Pwnd. :lol:

Trying this I set my middle button to close. ..well.. it closes all of FF. I didn't think much of it and decided that it would not be a big deal. ...well... I jumped into a game of Halo with Vuclan and several others. My middle button (which is normally set to \"middle button\") is my melee attack which is used frequently ...and now, without warning, CLOSED THE GAME! BANG! instant desktop.

:lol:

So be warned.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

HEH! If you are having such a hard time figuring it out, try this out: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... fox&id=260
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

I like my close tab button just fine thank_you_very_much! :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

actually, Like I said, I use right clik or the close button on the right. Moving the mouse less than an inch on my desktop is not THAT hard. :roll:

;)

btw, I have my mouse set on \"twitch\" for this reason.