The killer movie trailer thread (56k beware)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

The killer movie trailer thread (56k beware)

Post by MD-2389 »

Post movie trailers to UPCOMING movies or CURRENT movies already out.

I'll start with the trailer for X-Men 3.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

That's not a trailer, it's a teaser :-P

V for Vendetta
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

it looks like it's going to be ok, but still a bit \"cartoony\". No real grit. no realistic touches. stuff worn and dirty. that kinda thing.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Doogal A little something for the Lord of the Rings fans.

Slither for those that are into B movies. (Special Note: Nathan Fillion of FireFly stars in this one.) I recommend the Over 18 trailer for those not offended by \"gore\". Its just hilarious!

Open Season You just have to watch this one to appreciate it. :D

And of course, we can't have a trailer thread without Ice Age 2. :D That'll be a hoot with Queen Latifah. :P
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Bad@sskow
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bad@sskow »

http://www.apple.com/trailers/ Thats the spot for movie trailers, cant beat Apple's H.264 codec.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Blah, http://www.movie-list.com usually has direct links so you can download the trailers.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

You can do the same thing with Quicktime Alternative. :)
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

MD-2389 wrote:Doogal A little something for the Lord of the Rings fans.
Wow. How is that rated G? Does violence not mean anything anymore?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Hey, Ice Age got PG. I laughed when I read the disclaimer and it actually said \"Mild Peril\" (referring to the start of the movie with the skrat thing).
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

This one piqued my interest:

Why We Fight

I'm telling everyone about this film:

A Scanner Darkly

Based on the novel of the same title by Philip K. Dick (Blade Runner, Minority Report, Total Recall, et al), Scanner is directed by Richard Linklater (Dazed and Confused, Slacker, Waking Life). With Dick's daughters consulting, Linklater has written the screenplay to be closer to Dick's novel than any previous film based on his work.

The film is about drugs, drug use, drug users, government corruption, but this is a vast oversimplification. Dick was longtime resident of Berkeley throughout 60's and 70's. Dick really knew what he was talking about. He had used a lot of drugs in his life. He saw many people burn out or die. This book was his tribute to those people.

In the book's afterward, Dick poingantly listed the names of those whose lives were lost or destroyed by drugs or addiction, counting his own name among those of others.

While some have questioned Linklater's choice to film using a type of Rotoscope, I think it will be fine. I'm not sure why he chose to do so since he had already done this with Waking Life. However, after seeing the trailer I think that Scanner has a much more polished look than Waking Life.

The release date has been pushed back to July from March, which is disappointing. But this is so far the film I'm most looking forward to this year. More than V, more than X-3, more than anything.
DKnight
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DKnight »

That Doogal movie looks pretty good. I might have to see that. :P