Guess who's back

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Guess who's back

Post by Rocketman54 »

Rocketman back ats ya. Level 12, you startout locked in a forcefield. 4 furnaces come on and you destroy them, then the main furnace comes on. This is where I'm having trouble. I attack the main furnace, but nothing. Guidepod says generators are disabled, but nothing. I'm still locked into the forcefield. What next? How do I get loose of the forcefield?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Turn left, shoot the things that are holding you and trun right do the same.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

CDN_Merlin wrote:Turn left, shoot the things that are holding you and trun right do the same.
I tryed that, but no luck. I might not have done it long enough. I'll try again. Thanks
Dynamite
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Dynamite »

Try to find the invisible focal point on both the left and right forcefields and shoot them. :)
If you can find it and shoot it, you can see sparks coming out of the wall next to you. Keep shooting it until you see an explosion.

You do the same thing in Mercenary Level 3, BTW.
"If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true." -Pedro Sanchez,Napoleon Dynamite
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Dynamite wrote:Try to find the invisible focal point on both the left and right forcefields and shoot them. :)
If you can find it and shoot it, you can see sparks coming out of the wall next to you. Keep shooting it until you see an explosion.

You do the same thing in Mercenary Level 3, BTW.
Still having problems. Destroyed furnaces, then turned on left and right forcefields and unloaded everything I had. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level 12 Forcefield

Post by Rocketman54 »

Destroyed furnaces, then turned on left and right forcefields and unloaded everything I had. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

you need to bounce energy weapons off of the forcefields to your 11 clock and 1 clock positions. or if you have guided missiles, use them and do a immediate left or right 180 to see those generators. it takes 2 or 3 missiles for each one * I THINK * it may take more
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

AceCombat wrote:you need to bounce energy weapons off of the forcefields to your 11 clock and 1 clock positions. or if you have guided missiles, use them and do a immediate left or right 180 to see those generators. it takes 2 or 3 missiles for each one * I THINK * it may take more
Thanks, I finally figured that out. Now I'm stuck looking for my next target. It's one of those the guidepod says is unreachable a this time. So I go Robot hunting, thinking they are protecting something. Do you know how many levels there are to D3? Rocketman
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

15 levels and 2 secret levels (both of which you're past). You are fairly near the end now.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Sirius wrote:15 levels and 2 secret levels (both of which you're past). You are fairly near the end now.
Thank you Sirius. How and where do I access teh 2 secret levels? Rocketman
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

Rocketman54 wrote:
Sirius wrote:15 levels and 2 secret levels (both of which you're past). You are fairly near the end now.
Thank you Sirius. How and where do I access teh 2 secret levels? Rocketman

actually, he can get to the Secret 2 level in the current level he is on. its very difficult to explain. for this level.

when you reach the final championship, NOT THE SPIDER THING!!!, your going to find a robot that shoots frags at you. when you defeat him, DO NOT PROCEED TO THE SPIDER!!, instead turn back around and go fight the second frag boss. this time you will have to find a find a data cartrige that will warp you to the secret level.

The first secret level access is in the Dol Ammad Fuel Refinery, in the tunnels underground you can find switches to disable the forcefields in the tunnels to the left and right of the main tunnel.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Guess who's back

Post by De Rigueur »

Rocketman54 wrote:Rocketman back ats ya. Level 12, you startout locked in a forcefield. 4 furnaces come on and you destroy them, then the main furnace comes on. This is where I'm having trouble. I attack the main furnace, but nothing. Guidepod says generators are disabled, but nothing. I'm still locked into the forcefield. What next? How do I get loose of the forcefield?
Pay close attention to the cut scenes just before the level starts. They sometimes contain hints about what to do.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

AceCombat wrote:The first secret level access is in the Dol Ammad Fuel Refinery, in the tunnels underground you can find switches to disable the forcefields in the tunnels to the left and right of the main tunnel.
- and if you don't already remember, that's level 8. It's fairly well hidden, but easy enough to find if you look for it.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

Sirius wrote:
AceCombat wrote:The first secret level access is in the Dol Ammad Fuel Refinery, in the tunnels underground you can find switches to disable the forcefields in the tunnels to the left and right of the main tunnel.
- and if you don't already remember, that's level 8. It's fairly well hidden, but easy enough to find if you look for it.

[spoiler] use flares in the tunnels to find it[/spoiler]