Dual 7800GTX, Can't figure out how to form a single desktop.

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Dual 7800GTX, Can't figure out how to form a single desktop.

Post by Iceman »

I want to configure my dual 7800's on my dual 19\" ViewSonics so that the desktop stretches across both monitors. I googled around and found a lot of references to \"Span Mode\" but none of the options I see being used are available on my box. Driver version is 81.98 ... any clues?

[edit]
Note ... I have monitors side by side and I navigate between the just fine. My desktop image covers the left monitor and is duplicated on the right monitor. The task bar stretches along the bottom of the LEFT monitor only.

I want to, for example, apply a background image that stretches from the lower left corner of the left monitor to the upper right corner of the right monitor. I want the task bar to stretch across the bottom of BOTH monitors. I want fullscreen mode in applications to expand to fill BOTH monitors.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Immortal Lobster »

Taskbar is easy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/ ... alview.jpg

Desktop wallpaper spanning youll need somethjing like ultramon
Application spanning, never tried it, I imagine it could be more of a pain in the ass then useful...thats just me im sure
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Change the nView Display Mode to \"horizontal span\" and you are done. Be warned though, using that mode on two monitors is useless; blowing windows up to fill both monitors is impractical, clunky, and just plain irritating. Dualview with Ultramon is a far better approach.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Not really what you're looking for but it's related and looks promising. I figured you might be able to make use of it anyway.

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/about.html