Palestinian Garbage Truck

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Palestinian Garbage Truck

Post by VonVulcan »

A very clever rocket launcher. Why doesn’t our media show things like this?

The Israeli army captured this Palestinian \"garbage truck\" in the Gaza Strip area.

The truck is set up to fire 9 Kasem rockets and then drive off innocently.

The note pasted on the drivers door says In case of traffic violations, please contact The Palestinian Authority.

The Israelis have evidence of ambulances & emergency vehicles set up the same way.

Doesn't it make you all feel \"warm and fuzzy\" all over... knowing that Obama just recently gave the Palestinians $400 million in \"foreign aid\"....(from your taxes)?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I believe the leftist/liberal line is:

\"Gaza is an illegally occupied territory under the iron fist of the fascist/nazi apartheid state of Israel. Viva Palestina! Support the resistance of the downtrodden!\"
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Imagine that all the money the surrounding islamist states have used on weapons and bombs to hamas and hesbollah had instead been given to the palestinians for homes, jobs and education all these years. They would be living well in nice homes in peace. Israel wouldn't have felt the need to lock down the territories and impose restrictions.

The \"palestinian cause\" is nothing more than a play to destroy Israel. It always has been from the start.

Under islam, \"former muslim territory\" must be retaken at all costs- especially from the brothers of apes and pigs (what they regard the Jews as.)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

ThunderBunny wrote:...Under islam, "former muslim territory" must be retaken at all costs- especially from the brothers of apes and pigs (what they regard the Jews as.)
I have a theory that western civilization will continue to advance and evolve culturally must faster than the middle east. We will also assimilate most other countries. Once the oil in their region is no longer needed or available there they will become even less connected and relevant until one day they are surrounded by civilization and the contrast will be so stark and their dangerous ways so unsettling that we will fence them off and study all of them like apes in a wildlife preserve....
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

Bet51987 wrote:You are dreaming Will, for Islam will continue to spawn extremists that will blow up girl schools in their part of the world, and buildings, busses, markets and airplanes in the civilized world long after you and I are dead.

Islam is the perfect disease. Oh, and wait till they get a nuke.

Bee
And with this threat in the wind we should all disarm ourselves and sit back to watch.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I propose we all apologize to the worlds Muslims for all our transgressions and tell Iran we will continue to have meaningful dialog with them in the hopes we can dissuade them from pursuing a nuke. Along the way I'm sure the leaders of such countries that keep their females locked away and treat them like chattel will have a epiphany and reverse centuries of abuse. I am sitting on the edge of my chair 'cause I know Obama will have the despots of the middle east eating from his hand in no time. You know....just like all those people who voted for him.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

This is a system to direct exhaust gas from a matching manifold under the cab. Notice that you’ve never seen the lower back/bottom of the cab in ANY of the pictures. These same pictures were addressed in 2002, and these same trucks are still being used today, but not to launch rockets. This type of exhaust configuration is common on various types of dump trucks used around the world, to keep the contents hot, and/or keep the wet contents from freezing to the steel bed.

let's talk about white phosporus :)
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Yes, because the middle east is snow covered all year.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

has it occured to you that trash trucks are perhaps mass produced for use in a variety of environments?
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

From what I can see it maybe a Toyota and they don't have exhaust coming under their beds. The style of the door and the location of the mirrors give away the the fact it might be a Toyota. Note the exhaust on the link below.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ck_001.JPG
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Oh ? And I thought it was captured in Iraq in 2008...

\"This news is made from 100% recycled electrons\" :P
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

this [wikipedia]

is a qassam rocket. note the crude construction. i don't think that this kind of rocket is really designed to be fired out of a tube like that. looks like something i would fire off my back deck from an Estes launcher
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

So the truck WAS a rocket launcher- just not one used in Gaza.

I've seen pics of the home-made rockets though- they're crude and ineffective for the most part.
The intent behind them is deadly though. They're meant to maim and kill civilians.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

ThunderBunny wrote:So the truck WAS a rocket launcher- just not one used in Gaza.
I seriousely doubt that. There's no creditable source, no more detailed pictures or reports. Typical internet FUD IMHO.

Check out the contraptions that are being used to launch home made missiles. It's way safer to just leave that junk behind than dealing w/ proof of your activity the size of a truck...
ImageImage
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

/deleted - opps - already responded to queen bee's post.