WWIII

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

WWIII

Post by woodchip »

I'm waiting to see that mushroom cloud in Ukraine set off by the mad Russian ruler Putin. I'm also wondering how many of you agnostics and atheists will find god when that fool you voted in to lead us, authorizes the retaliatory use of nukes against us. Oh and where is John Kerry complaining how if Russia uses hukes it will hurt his attempts to rid the planet of pollution.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: WWIII

Post by Darth Wang »

1. Post something dumb

2. Wait a few days, quote a few posts in your thread, and make pithy, substanceless replies

3. Forget about the thread completely

4. Repeat

You're really very predictable.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Hey neochip.

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 am 1. Post something dumb

2. Wait a few days, quote a few posts in your thread, and make pithy, substanceless replies

3. Forget about the thread completely

4. Repeat

You're really very predictable.
And not answering the post is your predictability. So whats dumb? You not understanding that Putin is threatening to use low grade tactical nukes in Ukraine or Putin is mentally unstable enough to do so (as he is being encouraged to do so be his top advisors) . If you think this is substance-less I suggest you get your news from a more reliable source.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

OK, if you were president of the U.S., what would YOU do? You sit there and ★■◆● about how the Dems are handling things, so how does our leader deal with another deranged egotistical leader who's losing an illegal war, is backed into a corner and willing to use nukes?

As for facing God, BRING. IT. ON.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Does woody think any of us give a single ★■◆● about anything he has to say?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He needs to put up or shut up, period.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

The fact that you're hoping for a nuclear war, because you somehow believe that it will score you political points, is what's dumb. Sane people realize that.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:36 am...Putin is threatening to use low grade tactical nukes in Ukraine or Putin is mentally unstable enough to do so (as he is being encouraged to do so be his top advisors) . If you think this is substance-less I suggest you get your news from a more reliable source.
You are the king of unreliable sources. I had to talk down a friend of mine who was paranoid about WWIII back in February. Basically there is no good use case for nuclear weapons in this conflict. Besides, there would be a much bigger buildup of tensions before any bombs dropped and we just aren't seeing it. Where in Ukraine would Russia drop a tactical nuke? Can you name a place? I can't, because from a military perspective there is nowhere that would give any advantage over over conventional weapons. Any talk of using a tactical nuke in Ukraine is just political speech because if Russia uses one nuke they will have to use all of them because that's how this works. There are lines people won't cross and I have full confidence that after the beating the Russian military has been getting any order for nukes will be met with a swift FU.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Tunnlecat's first post was my first reaction. It's a nuclear threat and I'm pretty sure there are teams of people who analyze and have been preparing for this type of thing no matter who is in office. If you're some farting walrus jamming tater chips up your face getting your information from the creator of the pizza gate theory you're going to pick apart or hail (depending on the administration) the response to this saber rattling. What is supposed to be done? David Petraeus was on ABC earlier and he seemed to think that they wouldn't use nukes but get involved and destroy any piece of Russian weaponry in Ukraine by conventional means.

TC said it: What are you supposed to do?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT for nuclear war, period. Those are weapons that should never, ever be used. How we deal with a deranged megalomaniac who had his dick handed to him on a platter and is threatening their use will probably end up in a bad way, for someone or some country sadly. It's a shame that in this day and age, one man can destroy the world to assuage his own ego. I just want to hear woody's solution to the matter since he seems to know what to do better than our own military and civilian leaders. I also want to remind woody that evidence of ugly war crimes against civilians and children, including torture and rape, also against children, have been perpetrated against the nation of Ukraine by the Russian Army when he makes his recommendation. After reading the book, The Rape of Nanking, I don't feel so bad about the nukes we dropped on Japan. It's too bad we couldn't have subdued Japan in a different way than using nukes however, because we set precedent.

My BRING IT ON comment was solely for his stupid religious comment:
woodchip wrote:I'm also wondering how many of you agnostics and atheists will find god...
I am not afraid of death or whatever comes in the afterlife. I don't need effing Christians telling me to worry about what their God thinks.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheWhat wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:46 pm Tunnlecat's first post was my first reaction. It's a nuclear threat and I'm pretty sure there are teams of people who analyze and have been preparing for this type of thing no matter who is in office. If you're some farting walrus jamming tater chips up your face getting your information from the creator of the pizza gate theory you're going to pick apart or hail (depending on the administration) the response to this saber rattling. What is supposed to be done? David Petraeus was on ABC earlier and he seemed to think that they wouldn't use nukes but get involved and destroy any piece of Russian weaponry in Ukraine by conventional means.

TC said it: What are you supposed to do?
[/quote
Dunno, hire a dissatisfied Russian close to Putin to poison him? But then I'm not the Alzheimer patient some of you voted to be glorious leader

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Well, that's an answer! (BTW I've voted third party for years knowing full well the downsides of that choice. I detest the 2 party system.)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yes I'm sure things like that totally happen outside of Tom Clancy novels. Totally.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 pm Yes I'm sure things like that totally happen outside of Tom Clancy novels. Totally.
And I'm sure that Putin hasn't considered and taken precautions against that, either.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Shut the ★■◆● up, woody. Us athiests and agnostics don't need god to be good people. You, however, make a mockery of the teachings every day.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:43 pm Shut the ★■◆● up, woody. Us athiests and agnostics don't need god to be good people. You, however, make a mockery of the teachings every day.
And threatening real life violence against people makes you a good person?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:35 pm
Top Gun wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 pm Yes I'm sure things like that totally happen outside of Tom Clancy novels. Totally.
And I'm sure that Putin hasn't considered and taken precautions against that, either.
And you are so uneducated that you don't realize that it indeed does happen in real life. Good little ostrich .

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:58 pm...hire a dissatisfied Russian close to Putin to poison him?.
Do you think this is a movie with action heroes? Removing Putin this way (it's not possible anyway) would be disastrous for the global economy and the security of basically every nation on the planet. I'm not surprised you don't know or understand what a terrible idea assassinating the president of Russia is. Please go on an tell us how poisoning Putin will stop WWIII. I can't wait to read your response.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:08 am
Darth Wang wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:35 pm
And you are so uneducated that you don't realize that it indeed does happen in real life. Good little ostrich .
I'm the one who said he'd take precautions. He's already paranoid as hell, he's got to have a food taster and make sure that no one but his most loyal toadies get near his kitchen.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, as usual woody did not come up with a solution, just more ranting about how the current leaders are feckless idiots who're going to get us into a nuclear war. And no woody, you cannot set the precedent of assassinating foreign leaders. Sure, I'm betting most governments have thought about it and even tried it covertly, including ours. But once you start down the road of sanctioning assassination because one country doesn't like the leader of another, that opens it up to ALL countries trying to perform that kind of "job" on other nations when they feel like it. Putin's already claimed he can use nuclear weapons because WE used those weapons against Japan in WWII. Putin: "Wah, wah. You did it so I can do it too!" Putin's an infantile prick, unfortunately.

My "theory", if Trump was still president (you know that' woody's fantasy), is that he would've let Putin run roughshod over Ukraine murdering, raping and pillaging because Trump LIKES Putin, the despot can do no wrong in Trump's eyes and thus Trump would've NEVER given them all those superior weapons of ours that Ukraine needed to kick Putin's army's out of their country. I'm I wrong woody? You know I'm right. :wink:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I agree with you Tunnelcat.

Now, whether Putin uses nukes because he's losing badly is yet to be seen but let's hope he doesn't because no sanction will stop it and only retaliation would. And that is when WW3 would start.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Putin using nukes isn't good for anyone, and won't help him achieve his goals in Ukraine. Hopefully his nominal allies and/or countrymen dissuade him from that path if he's considering it.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:18 pmMy "theory", if Trump was still president (you know that' woody's fantasy), is that he would've let Putin run roughshod over Ukraine murdering, raping and pillaging because Trump LIKES Putin, the despot can do no wrong in Trump's eyes and thus Trump would've NEVER given them all those superior weapons of ours that Ukraine needed to kick Putin's army's out of their country. I'm I wrong woody? You know I'm right. :wink:
Hell, a popular stance among the Qanon/Trump cultists nowadays is that Putin is completely justified and in the right, and all of the evidence of war crimes and such committed by Russia in the invasion is just false propaganda. :roll:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:06 am
Ferno wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:43 pm Shut the ★■◆● up, woody. Us athiests and agnostics don't need god to be good people. You, however, make a mockery of the teachings every day.
You no longer get to hide behind the rules. You broke the social contract again and again. You also support a person who incited very real-world violence against people who are politically different. It is the consequence of your actions, and your words. That is your price you will need to pay.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:58 pm
You no longer get to hide behind the rules. You broke the social contract again and again. You also support a person who incited very real-world violence against people who are politically different. It is the consequence of your actions, and your words. That is your price you will need to pay.
What pathetic logic, Thug.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:18 pmMy "theory", if Trump was still president (you know that' woody's fantasy), is that he would've let Putin run roughshod over Ukraine murdering, raping and pillaging because Trump LIKES Putin, the despot can do no wrong in Trump's eyes and thus Trump would've NEVER given them all those superior weapons of ours that Ukraine needed to kick Putin's army's out of their country. I'm I wrong woody? You know I'm right. :wink:
Hell, a popular stance among the Qanon/Trump cultists nowadays is that Putin is completely justified and in the right, and all of the evidence of war crimes and such committed by Russia in the invasion is just false propaganda. :roll:
You have any proof of this or just parroting some liberal commentator on CNN. BTW do you realise CNN is changing direction which is why they fired Skelter and "Help, I can't keep it down" Toobin

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:18 pm Well, as usual woody did not come up with a solution, just more ranting about how the current leaders are feckless idiots who're going to get us into a nuclear war. And no woody, you cannot set the precedent of assassinating foreign leaders. Sure, I'm betting most governments have thought about it and even tried it covertly, including ours. But once you start down the road of sanctioning assassination because one country doesn't like the leader of another, that opens it up to ALL countries trying to perform that kind of "job" on other nations when they feel like it. Putin's already claimed he can use nuclear weapons because WE used those weapons against Japan in WWII. Putin: "Wah, wah. You did it so I can do it too!" Putin's an infantile prick, unfortunately.

My "theory", if Trump was still president (you know that' woody's fantasy), is that he would've let Putin run roughshod over Ukraine murdering, raping and pillaging because Trump LIKES Putin, the despot can do no wrong in Trump's eyes and thus Trump would've NEVER given them all those superior weapons of ours that Ukraine needed to kick Putin's army's out of their country. I'm I wrong woody? You know I'm right. :wink:
You got Trump confused with Biden. The Steele dossier has already been proven to be a fantasy. :lol:

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:01 am
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm
You have any proof of this or just parroting some liberal commentator on CNN. BTW do you realise CNN is changing direction which is why they fired Skelter and "Help, I can't keep it down" Toobin
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... ?gnt-cfr=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france ... in-ukraine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 13656/amp/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... n-ukraine/

*Waits for all of these to be dismissed as liberal sources*
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:18 pm Well, as usual woody did not come up with a solution, just more ranting about how the current leaders are feckless idiots who're going to get us into a nuclear war. And no woody, you cannot set the precedent of assassinating foreign leaders. Sure, I'm betting most governments have thought about it and even tried it covertly, including ours. But once you start down the road of sanctioning assassination because one country doesn't like the leader of another, that opens it up to ALL countries trying to perform that kind of "job" on other nations when they feel like it. Putin's already claimed he can use nuclear weapons because WE used those weapons against Japan in WWII. Putin: "Wah, wah. You did it so I can do it too!" Putin's an infantile prick, unfortunately.

You got Trump confused with Biden. The Steele dossier has already been proven to be a fantasy. :lol:
You know the Steele dossier had nothing to do with the investigation, right?

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/dossi ... l-of-this/

It's just a red herring brought up to try to discredit all of the legitimate evidence.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03 ... and-russia

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-r ... 021-4?op=1

https://www.deseret.com/2022/3/1/229564 ... n-comments

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ie-grisham

You need more woody? Of course, it's a waste of my time to even bother since you don't believe anything unless it comes from a hard right wing propaganda source like Fox News et.al. Oh, and that last link reminded me about Trump's little desire to have the state sanctioned ability to kill his political enemies when it pleases him and that comes from a former press secretary of his, Stephanie Grisham. Nice guy Mr. Trump. I guess that lines up with your desire to be able to assassinate Putin. Trump's other favorite despot friend is in the news today as well when North Korea fired missiles OVER Japan, freaking them out. You worry about WWIII, we have no control over what the world's despots want to do. :roll:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:53 am
Ferno wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:58 pm
What pathetic logic, Thug.
Well, unlike you, I don't lose my ★■◆● over being called a name on the internet. Maybe krom can change my dbb tag to thug, communist or anarchist.

Now would be a very good time for you to follow in your orange Messiah's advice and boycott the election.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, getting a "commie anarchist thug" tag sounds badass (and contradictory, but who gives af). Lets do it! :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Oh hell yeah. And it makes woody scared.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Represent!

(Now can we change woody's to "DBB Boot-licking fascist scum"?)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:34 pm Represent!

(Now can we change woody's to "DBB Boot-licking fascist scum"?)
That would be perfect.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Krom wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:22 pm Yeah, getting a "commie anarchist thug" tag sounds badass (and contradictory, but who gives af). Lets do it! :P
Pretty sure Anarchist collectives are necessarily communal, but if you are equating communism with authoritarianism, then yeah it would be contradictory. Anyway, I'm a proud commie who wants affordable health care and access to abortion and workers rights. Horrible, right?