What the world has come to...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

What the world has come to...

Post by Burlyman »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:08 pm Burlyman's forgetting that Fox News KNEW they were reporting outright lies and continued to do in violation of any journalism ethics, all to appease their MAGA base and keep the profits rolling in. Internal emails revealed all their dirty secrets thanks to Dominion and their lawsuit. The other mainstream network news outlets rake in their cash from Big Pharma ads, so I refuse to watch what they peddle as well.
Tunnelcat is forgetting that on 9/11 every news agency reported the same thing about their psychotic friends and their own psychopathy and blamed everything on Osama bin Lyin’, one of their own agents, and it’s very easy to disprove the official narrative just like it’s easy to disprove ball earth. Try a laser test. Do something! Lol… don’t just say Satan’s math scheme about a ball is the truth. That part is kinda off topic, but yeah, some people don’t even know that a rogue group within the United States and fake Zionist “Israel” are responsible. (NOT Jewish people) There’s a difference between people who think they are Jewish, the people who were the Israelites in the Bible, and those who say they are Jews but lie (like in the book of Revelation).
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Mainstream media are reliable, FOX news is the bad guy?

Post by Top Gun »

jfc...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Holy ★■◆●.

Neo's gone and become one of those people.

"ball earth"? "osama bin lyin"? "zionist"?

I had to log out to see that because I was curious about what Top Gun saw. I wish I hadn't. Absolutely ★■◆●ing batshit. It's a damn all-you-can-eat buffet of conspiracy theory nonsense.

The earth IS NOT ★■◆●ing FLAT, DUMBASS!

See this photo? It's rouund. Opposite of flat.

Idiocracy got two things wrong - the rate of how quickly people became too dumb for their own good, and the social media algorithm - the cause of how quick the downfall of intelligence was. Now we have to deal with idiots like neo who believe in a completely alternate reality including flat earth and fanatics like Woody who want to see people like Krom and I shot dead because we don't worship their false gods.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I only believe in a cone earth

The real question is, what's under the cone? Is it a flat side or is the cone open, revealing an under-world cone, or a backface-culling-world, or an inverted cone world?
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:31 am I only believe in a cone earth

The real question is, what's under the cone? Is it a flat side or is the cone open, revealing an under-world cone, or a backface-culling-world, or an inverted cone world?
Silly Isaac. Everyone knows the earth is shaped like a pyramid. That's why the Egyptians built all their pyramids, as a monument to the earth. When you stand at the north pole, you can see all the way to Andromeda.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I don't believe idiots exist. How about you?

I believe Ferno is just another person who lacks evidence (like I did) and information/knowledge of the subject (and there's a lot of it).

Another flat earth thread. haha. Wanna make someone mad? Talk about flat earth or Christianity (no, I didn't say religion). Pick one.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Burlyman wrote: it’s easy to disprove ball earth
Around 370 B. C. Aristotle proved the earth was a globe.
In 240 B.C. Eratosthenes managed to measure the circumference of the globe with remarkable accuracy considering the primitive tools he had available.

But you don't trust old dead guys. So lets go for evidence you can check with your own eyes.

Lunar Eclipses prove that the earth is a globe. There is no other explanation for the shape of the shadow of the earth on the moon.
Foucault's pendulum proves that the earth is rotating. There is no other satisfactory explanation for why the pendulum changes direction the way it does.
The fact that different constellations are visible as you move north or south proves that the earth is a globe. If the earth were flat, Australia would see the same constellations in the sky that Montana does.

But seriously, lets even skip the scientific evidence, and lets just go with Occam's razor. If the earth is flat, then there has to be a VAST conspiracy to say otherwise.
Every astronaut has to be in on it, and a liar. That's over 600 people.
Everyone who works at NASA has to be in on it, and keeping the secret. That's 18,000 people RIGHT NOW. But we have to expand that list to include anyone who has EVER worked at NASA, so the number is going to be a LOT bigger than that.
Plus we have to extend that number to include people who work at the space agencies in Europe, China, Russia, India, and the rest of the world.
Every pilot who flies planes internationally has to be in on it. I have no idea how many of them there are, but it's a lot.
What about the shipping industry? The people who boat around the world also all have to be in on this conspiracy and lying to everyone.

It's hard to keep a secret if two people know it. The flat earth theory requires HUGE numbers of people who are lying to maintain this illusion. It's just not reasonable to believe that would work.

And all for what? What do they GAIN by convincing everyone the earth isn't flat? What is so important that it is worth lying to your friends, your family, and EVERYONE?
Burlyman wrote:I don't believe idiots exist. How about you?
Proverbs 13:16 wrote: All who are prudent act with knowledge, but fools expose their folly.
Isaiah 8:12 wrote:Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Crazy ignores logic and fact, so any arguments will be ignored.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I'm not going to prove anything because you should all be doing your own research and finding out for yourself the right answer. I already gave you an example of something you can try.
Burlyman wrote:I don't believe idiots exist. How about you?
Proverbs 13:16 wrote: All who are prudent act with knowledge, but fools expose their folly.
Fools are not idiots. The Bible says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Jesus gave everybody something, so there are no idiots here.
Isaiah 8:12 wrote:Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.
So does that mean nobody's trying? Or does it mean God is in control?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

"Do your own research" is conspiracy theorist speak for "Go read sources that agree with me because I'm too lazy to make an actual argument".

I've seen flat earthers before who would actually try to defend their positions in long forum threads. This guy isn't even trying at all.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Kilarin wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:52 pmBut seriously, lets even skip the scientific evidence, and lets just go with Occam's razor. If the earth is flat, then there has to be a VAST conspiracy to say otherwise.
Every astronaut has to be in on it, and a liar. That's over 600 people.
Everyone who works at NASA has to be in on it, and keeping the secret. That's 18,000 people RIGHT NOW. But we have to expand that list to include anyone who has EVER worked at NASA, so the number is going to be a LOT bigger than that.
Plus we have to extend that number to include people who work at the space agencies in Europe, China, Russia, India, and the rest of the world.
Every pilot who flies planes internationally has to be in on it. I have no idea how many of them there are, but it's a lot.
What about the shipping industry? The people who boat around the world also all have to be in on this conspiracy and lying to everyone.

It's hard to keep a secret if two people know it. The flat earth theory requires HUGE numbers of people who are lying to maintain this illusion. It's just not reasonable to believe that would work.
Not to mention the armed soldiers and crew of all of the battleships constantly guarding the 70,000+ mile long Antarctic coastline to make sure that no one approaches it (yes, they seriously believe this).
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:53 pm
Isaac wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:31 am I only believe in a cone earth

Silly Isaac. Everyone knows the earth is shaped like a pyramid. That's why the Egyptians built all their pyramids, as a monument to the earth. When you stand at the north pole, you can see all the way to Andromeda.

Only through Jihad can we resolve our differences
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:07 am
I'm not going to prove anything because you should all be doing your own research and finding out for yourself the right answer. I already gave you an example of something you can try.
But you can't disprove cone earth. Do your own research plz. Okay? Thanks. gg no re. Take the L like a champ.
Kilarin wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:52 pm And all for what? What do they GAIN by convincing everyone the earth isn't flat? What is so important that it is worth lying to your friends, your family, and EVERYONE?
Buh, spheres are a social construct. Not everyone's earth has to identify as the CIS sphere forced on us by the toxic sphere patriarch.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Burlyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:39 pm
I believe Ferno is just another person who lacks evidence (like I did) and information/knowledge of the subject (and there's a lot of it).

I literally showed you a photo of the earth taken from the moon in the 60s. Your ridiculous position was debunked right then and there.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:11 pm
Burlyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:39 pm

I literally showed you a photo taken from the moon in the 60s. Your ridiculous position was debunked right then and there.
Photoshop was invented by the CIA in 59. Checkmate

edit:
also our scenes were all made after the year 2000. So we can't see the original photo, via high level logic. Double Checkmate
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Prove it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:15 pmProve it.
Kepler's Third Law (Law of Harmonics):
T² ∝ a³

`F = G * (m1 * m2) / r²`
where G is the gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the two objects (the Sun and the cone), and r is the distance between the two objects.

This force provides the centripetal force that keeps the object moving in a circular (or elliptical) path, which is given by:

`F = m * v² / r`
where m is the mass of the object, v is its speed, and r is the radius of the circle. Equating these two expressions and solving for v, we get:

`v = sqrt((G * M_sun) / r)`

where M_sun is the mass of the Sun.

Simulation:

Infinity checkmate
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I can prove modern cosmology is Christianity (I.e. modern cosmology is a joke). Want to hear it?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:03 pmOnly through Jihad can we resolve our differences
Or on a trip in a SpaceX rocket. :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:50 pm
Isaac wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:03 pmOnly through Jihad can we resolve our differences
Or on a trip in a SpaceX rocket. :P
Call it what it is: The Twitter Express Doot Dooot
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, if Musk can't even have Twitter working right, I don't think I want to get on one of his rockets. Nice work there Musk. :lol:

https://techcrunch.com/2023/05/24/ron-d ... s-crashed/
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I want to take a trip to outer space if it exists. Just don't fly me into the firmament. xD
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

What happens when people debate something like this? It takes forever and almost nobody (if any) are convinced. Instead of four (or however many >_>) pages it would be 20 pages long and turn into a flame war.

Ferno, why would you just show one photograph as evidence without even knowing anything about it? It also doesn't match the dimensions of the moon and the ball earth and the distances don't match up with NASA's moon fly-by orbiting earth. It looks like someone was thinking too much about the moon over the earth and just reversed it, something I didn't think of until recently when I started getting into flat earth.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If you stitch together a bunch of snapshots covering the entire lunar phase from earth it becomes totally obvious the moon is a sphere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Luna ... phase2.gif
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Krom wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:55 pm If you stitch together a bunch of snapshots covering the entire lunar phase from earth it becomes totally obvious the moon is a sphere.
Don't you know? Every picture ever taken by a telescope or spacecraft is a CGI hoax. The only trustworthy photos are found on flat earth websites and hour-long Youtube videos. :roll:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Krom wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:55 pm If you stitch together a bunch of snapshots covering the entire lunar phase from earth it becomes totally obvious the moon is a sphere.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I never said the moon was flat. haha
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:42 am I never said the moon was flat. haha
Prove it. You need to do your own research.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

You're joking, right?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:52 am You're joking, right?
Why? Do I sound stupid?

The moon is flat, bro:

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So one big ball of rock is actually round, but the other big ball of rock we live on...isn't. Got it.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

You can't fix stupid. People will believe what they want. Read an article last year about how people were not trusting the Covid vaccines. It was because at some point in their life Science failed them. I had an ex boss lose his well paid Gov't job because he refused to get vaccinated. He didn't believe we could create a vaccine so fast. He failed to understand that the vaccine was pretty much already done since Covid 2 back in 2003.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

That's not very nice of you to call me stupid. I expected you to be more mature but I guess I was wrong.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Top Gun wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:53 am So one big ball of rock is actually round, but the other big ball of rock we live on...isn't. Got it.
No, the moon is flat because Isaac said it. Get it straight, bruh. :D
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

• Facts:
    • Moon is made of cheese:
      • Cheese comes in wheels:
        • Wheels are disks:
          • Disks are flat:
            • Therefore the moon is flat disk
Also, the sun is flat: Ever hear of the surface of the sun? Surfaces are flat, therefore the sun is flat.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CDN_Merlin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:42 am You can't fix stupid. People will believe what they want. Read an article last year about how people were not trusting the Covid vaccines. It was because at some point in their life Science failed them. I had an ex boss lose his well paid Gov't job because he refused to get vaccinated. He didn't believe we could create a vaccine so fast. He failed to understand that the vaccine was pretty much already done since Covid 2 back in 2003.
The "Disinformation Dozen" pretty much began all the antivax propaganda. 12 ★■◆●ing stupid people using social media. One of them is Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Jackass. :roll:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... cdh-report
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I've spoken to many flat earthers, and in general I would not characterize them as stupid, but rather deluded. The appeal of believing in conspiracy theories is feeling like you are one of the few 'enlightened' people who know the secret truth that the masses don't, and that the powers that be are suppressing. The more outrageous and implausible the conspiracy, the more special they feel for believing in it. A lot of them also have religious motivations (even though, ironically, Eric Dubay, who is effectively the founder of the modern flat earth movement, is actually an anti-theist who hates Christianity).

I've also heard some people espouse a competing conspiracy theory - most, if not all, of the modern flat earthers are actually atheist trolls trying to make Christians look ridiculous. I recall one guy who actually did a thorough amount of research on early Christian theology and the writings of the church fathers in the first few centuries AD who helped compile the Bible as we know it today, and showed a lot of evidence that demonstrated, fairly convincingly, that none of them believed the Earth was flat. His conclusion, though, went off the rails into 'therefore, no real Christian believes in a flat earth, so it's an atheist conspiracy to discredit Christians and creationism'.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:20 pm I've spoken to many flat earthers,
What!?? Where? Where are they? I need to harass them.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Isaac wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:03 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:20 pm I've spoken to many flat earthers,
What!?? Where? Where are they? I need to harass them.
All you'll end up doing is hurting yourself from repeatedly banging your head on your desk.