Signatures actually broken or deprecated?

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Signatures actually broken or deprecated?

Post by Moon »

I was astonished to see ppl posting without sigs cause I always thought they were useful to see where ppl are coming from, especially when you're not a regular visitor.

Now I was told signature support was broken. Is that correct? If so how did it happen and why wasn't it fixed? IMO it would make sense to upgrade to a newer version of phpBB. I've heard the upcoming version even does support searching in titles only, a must-have- feature that has been supported in all other boards out there from day 1.

In case there is no interest in fixing it, we can still use our own sigs like this?

--
Moon's Descendarium - THE single-player guide to Descent 1-3
The 'Official' Descent 3 FAQ
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

They are disallowed due to some people having signatures that cross the line in terms of what is allowed.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Doh! The old problem of some morons ruining the game for everyone. Oh well...

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

we shut them off short-term because some people were using them to attack others. Found we liked the lack of clutter and the lack of hassle, so there's no sense in turning them back on.

This is the only board I know that doesn't have signatures active. It's also the only board I know that doesn't have regular disputes over \"your sig is too big\" or \"your sig is insulting\"...
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I'm a member of quite a few boards. Dot Net is the only one with sigs, and over there it's done with style. Sigs are for.....others. lol.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, not too long after sigs were gone, I decided I didn't miss them one bit. The BB looks better without them.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Lothar wrote:It's also the only board I know that doesn't have regular disputes over "your sig is too big" or "your sig is insulting"...
Actually I've never seen this happen anywhere, and I've been to a lot of boards (Doom9, Digital Digest).

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I've been to many boards and this is the only one that doesn't allow sigs. Most I go to have sigs with pics. most people put their PC specs as sigs also.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I've been to many boards and this is the only one that doesn't allow sigs. Most I go to have sigs with pics. most people put their PC specs as sigs also.
The boards I go to aren't the sort where people brag about their PC specs. But they do tend to have big pictures, insults, long ramblings, whatever in their sigs... stuff that basically clutters the place.

There's nothing you have to say that's so important you have to say it in each and every post.